Banned
808 Posts
1+
why not a 4.6 2v
or a 4.6 32v even better

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
i'm pretty much mechanically dumb, but i would think a 4.6L would be better, like one from the 99-04 range, plus i doubt yu'd have to change as much as you would goin with the 5.0...i could be mistaken though, like i said, not the engine expert here.

·
Banned
808 Posts
the 99-04 4.6 2v puts out more power than the 5.0L

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
The 5.0 Bolts On To The K Member Better And Has A Cheaper Aftermarket But This Isn't Worth It Unless You Have A Donor Car!! Oh No!! Help Help I Lost The Search Button :(

·
Banned
808 Posts
yea if you can find a termi engine
why not just buy the whole car

·
Banned
808 Posts
or even a 99-01 cobra engine
thats still some good power

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
or a 4V Mach1 engine?? ... either way, just get a GT ... the swap isn't worth it unless you have a GT that is ****ed up in the ass and a donor chassis that has a blown drive train ... and you got both for less then a grand

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
yea definately...i mean sure a 5.o sounds good and all, but the newer engines are more efficient and just better, plus if you threw a cobra engine in your 6, no one would know what hit em, i man you could definately have a sleeper effect goin...

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
yea definately...i mean sure a 5.o sounds good and all, but the newer engines are more efficient and just better, plus if you threw a cobra engine in your 6, no one would know what hit em, i man you could definately have a sleeper effect goin...
or you could debadge a Cobra...

the main reason the 5.0 is an easier block to swap in is cause it shares K members with the essex block

·
Banned
808 Posts
302 is just a number
it doesnt mean nothing when it comes to performance
a 4.6 99-04 gt will take a 94-95 5.0 gt
not only in rwhp but weight also

·
Banned
808 Posts
or you could debadge a Cobra...

the main reason the 5.0 is an easier block to swap in is cause it shares K members with the essex block
i was getting ready to say the same thing :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im new to the whole ford seen right now ive been a bowtie man all my life... just me n my friend built an 84 foxbody w/ a 5.0 double hump heads holly duuble pumper carb n a 600 lift cam that would pull the front wheels off the ground

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Main reasons fro going with a 5.0 over a 4.6
1 more potential
2 cheaper parts
3 you don’t need a new k member
4 you can get one cheaper then a 4.6

·
Banned
808 Posts
BUT
they are a little harder to find
WITH
not a to terrible amount of miles and in decent condition
you can find a 4.6 with moderate miles and in good condition no problem

·
Registered
549 Posts
the swap it self wouldnt be that bad. getting it registered after would be near impossible. efi to carb swap dosent go over to well with the emissions people.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts