Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local shop and he said he would put true dual catback pipes, 2.5" with cherry bomb mufflers.

How would this sound? I want it to be a nice smooth growl without a lot of drone noise.

He also said it would gain a lot of HP too, is this true?

right now on the car he said im loosing HP because of how the setup is

·
Banned
636 Posts
cherrybomb = loud and raspy from what I hear.

lots more HP = lies.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he said atleast 10-15 HP or a noticeable difference when driving.

what would sound good for a v6? i want a smooth growl that sounds good

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Go on youtube and search mustang exhausts. Of course gt's will sound a little different from v6's but close nonetheless. Maybe try out flowmaster

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
it will sounds horrid and give you no increase in power, get flows

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
Are you keeping the Y pipe on yours and then just doing the catback? Or putting a midpipe on it? Id do an H pipe and then have them do the dual catback. 44 series probobly.

Check their site or check youtube like i said.

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
H and X pipe setups are used more for sound than any thing. I'm sure you've read at least one place on this site about how our 6ers are even fire engines, which means we don't need a cross over pipe.

If you could get it done, get your factory pipe divorced and put whichever mufflers you like on there. I think that would be cheaper than a new mid pipe and sound better than your y pipe.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I agree with what everyone else said

Reactions: 2002 BLK GT

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I too went to an exhaust shop, and they also pushed the Cherrybombs, saying they sound good and will add HP, but in reality, they sound like truck exhausts, and yeah they free up maybe 5 HP, but the reason these cheap exhaust shops push Cherrybombs is because they are making the most money selling you them. If you bring your own good exhaust system in, they don't make as much money because they can't charge you for parts, only for labor.

A lot of people get Flowmaster 40's with the New Edge. H pipes sound a lot nicer than X pipes, but you may not make quite as much power with an H (no more than a 5 HP difference).

You aren't going to make huges amounts of power with an exhaust system, especially on a V6. Find something you like the sound of. Watch a lot of videos, and try to find some local, real life examples.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts