Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1995 v6 and im just beginning to mod it. I have a custom true dual setup with cats but no mufflers, cold air intake, (you know, basic ****) but i need a tuner and cant seem to find the right one. i would love one that shuts off the o2 sensors like my buddies GT but im a real noob and dont know if that can be done.

ps im getting 15 mpg on a good day sugestions

pps if there is another thread discussing this i apologize please direct me to it

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
do you have an OBD2 car, most 95s dont and you will need a chip but if your lucky and have an obd2 port sct is the way to go

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
if you do have an obd2 port then yes you can use a tuner.....but before you go running to get a SCT, check to see what the shops around your area use. If you get a SCT and they use something else then ya kinda screwed yourself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i dont know how but i do
i went to delk performance the day i bought my car when i lived a lot closer
i apparently have a rare car or somthin
autozone and me nearly got in a fight over it cause the dumb asses wouldnt use an obd2 code reader when my car threw a check engine light

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just an observation but greenfaleen you know a ton about mustangs (i see you in lots of threads) why do you have a scion

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
but anyway sct are like generic tuners?? i can just go get one it dosent matter and what about the diablosport predator thats what my GT friend uses can i just use that

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to be honest i want one of my own he lives like an hour away and i gots school and work so i dont see him in person much

and can you shut off the o2 sensors with it or sct or what??

ps sorry if these are noob questions

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
u cant use the one he has for his car but u can get u one
The one for the GT also works on the V6, the Mach1 and a few other Ford vehicles also.....BUT....once the tune is installed on one car...it cant be used on another car, because the factory tune is then stored on the predator.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
scions are the ****, i want one, but anyway i got a diablo tuner, and its worked perfect for all my needs.

tc ****in owns.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
can you shut off your o2 sensors my gas mileage is **** and im pretty sure its from bad o2 sensors but they are rusted in and im lazy

1 - 20 of 67 Posts