Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LORD ZERO VENOM SUPREMACY
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i read the read before asking and was thinking for a turbo on a v6 what's all needed. Do i need forged internals? Is it a good idea to turbo? And will it work with a windstar intake?(i think ive read that it does) and what about twin turbo? How is it all set up?

I read twin turbo is good throughout the whole band meaning it will boost in low and high rpms.

What size turbo will be needed for single and then what sizes would be needed for twin set up?

What would be a good price for a starter turbo kit?
Sent with full 3g and 4g and no signal

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
You won't be able to push much hp over 350 before your stock engine blows, if that. It's very intensive to make a turbo kit, the only ones I know of that are made is TMA Turbos and I'm not even sure if they are still around. You are going to need to strengthen your engine, rear end, most likely transmission, and your fuel supply, and suspension.

Not to say it can't be done as it very well has but it will take a lot of work.

I would suggest a procharger kit if you are wanting forced induction on these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
Too irritated with co-workers to not say anything nice. Search thread topics in v6 for turbo. JT has a twin turbo, otherwise its almost all TMA single turbo kits, hand full of home made kits, you only need one turbo(if you have to ask if two is better). Ill be back tomorrow late as **** again. Filly is pretty damn accurate though.

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
JT has a twin turbo.
I have single 62mm on my car currentlly.

op, stock motor just go with a single 57mm and be done. No need to bolt a turbo on that will over power your engine. 60mm compressor will make it to 500rwhp on these engines.

If you were to go twins then some 48mm's would work pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts