Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
not bad, but at 3k maybe a little too much for used. Don't really know the condition of the turbo's and such. You can prob find a setup in good condition for a little cheaper.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I was planning on getting a new D-1sc in the next week, so if I could get this for 3k, thats alot cheaper than 5.5k for d-1sc and gauges and stuff.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm talking to the guy on instant messenger right now. Think of any questions I should ask him? I already found out that abs needs slight mods, as well as a rad hose and the fenderwells.
Can you think of anything else?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
no question dude just buy it
ask if the turbos are working properly i doubt they're damaged

where are you seeing a procharger for soo damm much

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no question dude just buy it
ask if the turbos are working properly i doubt they're damaged

where are you seeing a procharger for soo damm much
It would be 4200 for the kit, and another 2300 for tax, border fees, shipping, gauges, injectors, pump, wideband, etc.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
still vmp kit comes with everything he'll need minus a boost gauge-$40-150

shipping cannot be that that much from them
shipping over borders will rape you. Trust me. No matter what it is. To get it over the border is horrible, and now shipping companies charge a fuel surcharge

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What differences are there between the convertible and the coupe that could cause problems with the install? If there isn't anything major I will try and buy it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
still vmp kit comes with everything he'll need minus a boost gauge-$40-150

shipping cannot be that that much from them
Yeah Chris it is that bad. And actually the Canadian dollar is worth more than the US now. But as he said things still cost more. Any time things cross the border there are LOTS of fees. And Canada charges A LOT more in taxes than we do in the US.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
As for the TT congrats...let us know how it works out. I'll be getting one of my own in a few years. Luckily, I have a guy locally who builds 'em.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As for the TT congrats...let us know how it works out. I'll be getting one of my own in a few years. Luckily, I have a guy locally who builds 'em.
Oh, I could get it done locally, I would just be looking at 10-12k - no exageration. Don't say congrats yet, wait till I pay for it, it shows up, and I get it successfully installed. I'm anticipating alot of grief trying to install it. Unless someone tells me that I am going to have problems because my car is a convertible I will try my best to get the kit (the seller told me I had dibs).

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Oh, I could get it done locally, I would just be looking at 10-12k - no exageration. Don't say congrats yet, wait till I pay for it, it shows up, and I get it successfully installed. I'm anticipating alot of grief trying to install it. Unless someone tells me that I am going to have problems because my car is a convertible I will try my best to get the kit (the seller told me I had dibs).
I dont think you would have a problem? Do you guys have problems installing longtubes? I would say J didn't have problems with his kit but then again J's kit was a TMA kit...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts