Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
$15 shipped and you can have them all and I'll send them priority.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
cam shaft position sensor would keep the car from starting?
It could. The injectors are supposed to inject just before the intake valve opens. I don't know if that timing is based off the crank, or cam shaft, or both. My brother in laws jeep wouldn't run because the cam shaft sensor was broken. He got crank codes, and replace it, but the issue came back and they replace the cam sensor and it was fine after that.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Ok so my theft light is flashing. Can the car start if it is locked out.
It sounds like a pats issue. If you use a non-pats key, it won't start. I've heard of the pats system malfunctioning, but its rare.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Usually dealerships will plug in and diagnose for $80. I don't know if you've tried that or not already. It almost sounds electrical the way it just shut down and wouldn't start back up. Though I have to say, giving a car more gas when it won't go is never a good idea. But from what happened, it sounds like it was already shutting down. That even makes me think a dead TPS. But I don't really know what the symptoms of those being bad are, and am really going out on a limb.
On another note, I have a problem starting my car sometimes where it just cranks and cranks even when I give it gas...until it finally catches.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok so my theft light is flashing. Can the car start if it is locked out.
The engine should not be able to crank if the PATs is stopping it. The theft system disables the starter and apparently tells the ECM to disable the fuel pump too.

http://team-titanium.com/Mustang/start.jpg

It is normal for the theft light to flash without the key in the ignition. With the ignition on, it think the light is on solid along with the other lights? In run they should all go out. I can't remember that for sure this moment though.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
On another note, I have a problem starting my car sometimes where it just cranks and cranks even when I give it gas...until it finally catches.
on obd2 cars if you floor it while trying to start the car.. it tells the ecm to cut the fuel out. so don't do that, unless you're clearing the engine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
fixed

Ok So I Finally Broke Down And Took It To The Ford Dealer, And It Took Them Three Days But They Figured It Out. The Gas Was Bad, For What Ever Reason The Gas That Was Put In Was Bad. I Really Dont Know How It Happened. All I Know Is Now I Have A 700 Dollar Bill From The Ford Dealer I Cant Pay. Being A Soldier In The Military Sucks, Never Have Money For ****. Specially Things You Really Need Like This

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Probably not but it's easy enough to reset so might as well try.

Your symptoms don't really add up.. You say you have fuel on the plugs yet also spark and it isn't igniting?

You better go recheck and make sure you're getting spark and fuel, maybe in a different way than before.
+1 fuel on the plugs implies the injectors are working but it won't run.

You could try a noid light to see if you are getting injector pulse. It's a little
light that plugs into the injector connector and flashes each time the injector
pulse is present.

I'm guessing it will prove to be an electrical issue, possibly the PCM.

·
Banned
636 Posts
dang man sorry to hear. Seems like someone, myself included, would have remembered to suggest that. To put a positive light on things, at least you know you will always get paid ... even though its crap for $

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
WTF @ the gas being bad...

sounds like a cop out to a problem they couldn't explain to me...

unless someone contaminated your gas, or it sat undriven for like a year or something

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a soldier in the army with a pretty big problem. My car broke down. It is a great car but just wont work right now.

HISTORY OF PROBLEM: My wife was driving home from the hospital when all of a sudden she said it started losing hoarse power. she would push gas pedle down but it would not go faster. After a couple sec. she heard a pinging noise from right side of engine. The engine then staled ( no back fire) It started up one time after that but within one minute it stoped. It has not started since.

AFTER: The engine will turn over very fast but will not fire off.

CHECKED: We checked to make sure the spark plugs would fire off and they did. We checked to make sure the compression was good and it was. We checked to make sure we had fuel pressure and we did. We checked to see if there was any codes with a code finder and there wasnt.

INTERVENTIOns: the only way to get the motor to fire up is if you spray carb. cleaner in the intake it will turn on for a couple sec.

REPLACED SINCE PROBLEM: fuel pump, spark plugs, crank position sensor, fuel filter

Other than that i have had 4 different mechanis look at it and no one can figure out what is wrong please help i have a famiy of four and this is our only transportation, i haev no other way to get my family around and have spent over $450 already and gatten no where. PLEASE HELP
Did you figure out what the problem was... Im having the exact same issues

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a soldier in the army with a pretty big problem. My car broke down. It is a great car but just wont work right now.

HISTORY OF PROBLEM: My wife was driving home from the hospital when all of a sudden she said it started losing hoarse power. she would push gas pedle down but it would not go faster. After a couple sec. she heard a pinging noise from right side of engine. The engine then staled ( no back fire) It started up one time after that but within one minute it stoped. It has not started since.

AFTER: The engine will turn over very fast but will not fire off.

CHECKED: We checked to make sure the spark plugs would fire off and they did. We checked to make sure the compression was good and it was. We checked to make sure we had fuel pressure and we did. We checked to see if there was any codes with a code finder and there wasnt.

INTERVENTIOns: the only way to get the motor to fire up is if you spray carb. cleaner in the intake it will turn on for a couple sec.

REPLACED SINCE PROBLEM: fuel pump, spark plugs, crank position sensor, fuel filter

Other than that i have had 4 different mechanis look at it and no one can figure out what is wrong please help i have a famiy of four and this is our only transportation, i haev no other way to get my family around and have spent over $450 already and gatten no where. PLEASE HELP
I have the same problem just changed water pump over heated a lil bit wouldn't want to go sprayed carb cleaner crunked up. Missing like a b**** but drove a half a mile same problem getting fire bout to check fuel now then go from there.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts