Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 91 5.0 that has some screwy vacuum line manipulation.... Can you guys help me here? Can I just cut these off? remove the 2 sensors they are attached to?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Those probably go over to the thermacitor solenoids and the evap canister. Really no need for them to be plugged like that if they're the ones I'm thinking of because they're not hooked up to manifold vacuum anymore. The ends where the screws went should be the ones headed to the manifold, or at least that's the way it looks in the pictures. Can you take a pic of where the lines are going to? I do believe one goes to your vacuum reservoir tho, which is in the passenger fender.

Here is a link to what your vac system should be like.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are more pics. Also, I just bought this car and trying to figure out what all it has, maybe the pics can help.... i know it has bbk full length, e303 cam, supposedly cobra upper and lower, cant tell on the TB and mass air meter... no part numbers.... What is the Jeg's plate for?

Where the vacuum lines go...

Other pics...

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
one of those lines goes to your EGR valve right behind your throttle body and the other two go to these valves that are hooked up on the hoses that lead to your smog pump. and the 4th one i don't believe is used

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it will switch from floor to vent to defrost....

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
one of those lines goes to your EGR valve right behind your throttle body and the other two go to these valves that are hooked up on the hoses that lead to your smog pump. and the 4th one i don't believe is used
Again...Lol...^^^^ this is where they go

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, I am just lost on this thing... It is hard to tell what HAS or HASN'T been done... It appears that the EGR has been plated off, see the pic with the JEGS plate. Kid said it has an E303 cam... I mean it lopes and all, but the throttle is a bit below 1000... Car runs super strong, but why put a E303 without changing the TB or Mass Air? Or maybe it has been changed... Who the hell knows?? Another thing he said, it has MSD ignition... all I see is a stock Motorsport distributor with a red MSD cap...

I don't really care what this thing has or doesn't... (I only paid 1800 bucks for it, rust free, interior perfect and the bolt-ons I can find so far add up to about 1200...) I just want to know where to go next with it, what to add and so on...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, nothing is hooked up to it on this hack-job.....

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
and this is the EGR valve that you don't have....and if you look at the top of it you will see a little stem.... and one vacuum line goes there.Tomco 10605 EGR Valve New | eBay

but i was wrong about one thing.....there are 5 vacuum ports and only 4 of them are being used.....so the only one i haven't mentioned is the one the runs under your intake

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I would venture to say this isn't needed then...

There is no vacuum line from this harness on the passenger shock tower running to the intake... They run to what appear to be 2 solenoids monted to the shock tower...

So I guess a logical start would be to get the AC and smog eliminator kits... and add some under drive pulleys....

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Those two solenoids are for emissions. Without the smog pump and the EGR, they're useless. someone has been in there and done some hacking anyway because those lines that run to them should be black lines. If there's no line from them that runs to the intake, rip them out. If there is, then pull it off and cap it off.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
bro I'm not sure, but this is just the reason why i don't hack my **** up cuz i know if the day ever comes when my mustang has to go ( and it never will, maybe when i die) that the new owner wont have to go through what you are right now...lol

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
this is what all those vacuum lines that are cut way short should look like , this is off my car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The solenoids attached to the shock tower...

So remove these if it has the EGR delet and nothing hooked up to the intake or Smog pump?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts