Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on my way home and I get on the highway on ramp and car starts bogging. So I played around with it a but and it bogs down any time I'm above 10 vacuum. I checked fuel pressure and its fine, so any ideas?

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
^^couplers, maf, bov, and vacuum lines are your best bet. If you can't visibly see anything mix soap and water in a spray bottle and check for leaks.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check all vacuum and intercooler pipes. My guess is you popped a coupler.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
^^couplers, maf, bov, and vacuum lines are your best bet. If you can't visibly see anything mix soap and water in a spray bottle and check for leaks.
Apparently ALL of my piping from the BOV down had water in it from our mini flood last night. It runs ok now but I'm sure all the water is going to cause some long term problems :cry:

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I have had that a couple times when it had rained alot. It acted funny but when it dried out it was fine.

·
Cleg Jr.
9,436 Posts
Apparently ALL of my piping from the BOV down had water in it from our mini flood last night. It runs ok now but I'm sure all the water is going to cause some long term problems :cry:
I'd say once it all dries it should be ok. Be grateful that you didn't suck in a lot of water and hydrolock your engine

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Use a little MAF Cleaning spray on the sensor itself and dry up the piping. You should be fine after that.

The water probobly messed with the maf signal causing it to bog down and act funny.

A little water may have made it into the engine but nothing I would worry about.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts