Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy wants to buy my stock long block. I have no idea what it's worth. Suggestions?

Has run Mobil 1 syn its whole life
Good compression
No leaks
Never over heated
Never even had the valve covers off

What does something like that go for? He has a 99 beat down GT with a popped motor he wants to put it in and use as a daily driver.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I had around 65,000 on my original iron long block, sold it for 500$, they picked it up and i needed room. It was hard enough selling it for anything higher than 500$ so i just gave in. Hell some guys are picking up 4v DOHC for 400$.

But in the back of my head i shouldve never sold it, i ran into a couple times where i coulda used the extra parts and especially the PI heads. Think about your future goals before you sell it first. Stock replacement heads alone are like 400$ a piece if im not mistaken.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had around 65,000 on my original iron long block, sold it for 500$, they picked it up and i needed room. It was hard enough selling it for anything higher than 500$ so i just gave in. Hell some guys are picking up 4v DOHC for 400$.

But in the back of my head i shouldve never sold it, i ran into a couple times where i coulda used the extra parts and especially the PI heads. Think about your future goals before you sell it first. Stock replacement heads alone are like 400$ a piece if im not mistaken.
Good input. It makes sense. May as well keep it or take the heads off and sell the short block for $200 or something.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Mines been for sale forever. 122k no leaks etc, I have everything all accessories, a/c and all, 600$ and nobody will buy it. And its complete lol. Harness and all

·
Registered
601 Posts
Depends on location. I sold my 92K mile longblock for $750 within 24 hrs of posting it. You can go to car-part.com and see what junkyards are selling engines for in your area ... and since he's a buddy ... hook him up a little! ;-)

P.S. LOVE the color of you car!

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Mines been for sale forever. 122k no leaks etc, I have everything all accessories, a/c and all, 600$ and nobody will buy it. And its complete lol. Harness and all
You can get one on eBay with 122k less miles for $1200 or so. Lol. (Reman long block)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
They must be rare. I just checked the state of Indiana. Only two were available. Both for $1,000+.

OP, you might get $1,500. But to do that you have to find the right buyer. The lower the price the faster it sells.

·
Registered
555 Posts
$1500!?!?!? (spits out coffee) i can buy an LS motor for less, holy sh**.
our prices on some things are unrealistic, mostly because there is not a big supply.

Due to a population that is about an 8th of the states and a more sever climate there is alot less to choose from 10yrs down the road.

·
Registered
620 Posts
our prices on some things are unrealistic, mostly because there is not a big supply.

Due to a population that is about an 8th of the states and a more sever climate there is alot less to choose from 10yrs down the road.

understandable. but, if prices were that high he could find one online and get it shipped, or drive somewhere and pick it up.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts