Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roller rockers clear stock 1985 GT valve covers?

Hey can someone tell me if Roller rockers clear stock 1985 GT valve covers?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
I'm watching this thread because I also have an 85 GT. Good question but I would get the roller rockers and a taller set of valve covers. You have a lot of room because its not EFI.

Jerry

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Are those valve covers different than the EFI motors from 87-93? I never had clearance issues with my 1.7s, but I also have a 92.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Some say yes and others say no. So there is really no way of knowing. Get the valve covers, turn the engine over by hand. If they dont work, resell them. Im not sure if the 85 covers have oil baffles or not but you might need to clearance them

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Are those valve covers different than the EFI motors from 87-93? I never had clearance issues with my 1.7s, but I also have a 92.

Sent from my galaxy s II
There are different. Im not sure if theres a difference in height.

The 85 covers are the fined version and have the words " powered by ford" on them. With no filler neck. Theres a filler hole with the pcv valve in the filler cap

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Your link shows stud mount, so I don't know if that will affect it some how, but pedestal mount on stock heads and valve covers of 87 on up works. Just have to remove the oil baffle.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone. The reason im asking is because im building this motor to look basically stock, and be basically stock, just freshening up the bottom end and throwing a tfs1 cam in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts