Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing out the valve cover gaskets on my 2000 GT. From the looks of it, I have the Windsor engine but which gaskets do I need? Checking on Summit's website, it shows 3 different types of Fel-Pro Gaskets. Any help would be appreciated.

I think this is the one but I am not sure:
Fel-Pro QVS50481R - Fel-Pro Valve Cover Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

And they have these listed as well:
Fel-Pro QVS50477R - Fel-Pro PermaDryPlus Valve Cover Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Fel-Pro QVS50377R - Fel-Pro Valve Cover Gaskets - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Have you even priced them at your local Ford parts store.

I would start there first, because you have to add shipping and handling charges from Summit.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I just replaced mine on 2002 GT 4.6. The ones I took off were just the perimeter (without the rings where the bolts go through). The new ones I got from Advance Auto parts were FelPro, and came with rubber rings built into the gasket shape, PLUS had the new rubber donuts that go around the metal washers that fit into the valve cover holes. Overall a much nicer set up (with the built in rings as part of the gasket). Paid $35 for the set; no waiting or shipping.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome. Thanks for the response. It sounds like the first one I linked is the correct one. Also I live about 10 minutes from Summit so I can just swing by and pick it up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts