Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 90 lx and noticed a big oil leak from the rear driver side valve cover. So I take it I have to remove the upper intake manifold to get to it. My question is should I do both sides? And will I need a new intake gasket as well? And any other little things I might need to know would be greatly appreciated thx guys!

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Ya you need to remove the upper. If it were me id replace both valve cover gaskets. But first id see if you can sinch down the bolts, cuz somes times that what the issue is.... (loose bolts,) but if you have the one piece rubber gaskets then they might still be good

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Ya you need to remove the upper. If it were me id replace both valve cover gaskets. But first id see if you can sinch down the bolts, cuz somes that what the issue is.... loose bolts, but if you have the one piece rubber gaskets then they might still be good
Exactly, my drivers side valve cover leaked decently. When I got around to looking at it I noticed all the nuts were finger tight.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Mine was just the front one on each side (closest to front of car). Drivers side one was so loose I could turn the entire stud and nut with my fingers. Had me wondering for a second.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
If you forget where the vacuum lines go under the upper intake, just let me know. I have pictures you can follow, ill post them if you need them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts