Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i'm about to paint my valve covers tonight. will i need new valve cover gaskets when i put them back on?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
nope...if u r cafefull...lulu just did his and reused the old ones....just dont rip them

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
+1... just be gentle and use even pressure... what color you painting them?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think it's gonna be old ford blue, the color is kind of subtle, i have an alloy car and didn't really want a grossly contrasting color like red

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
ive been debating on what color to go with cuz im alloy as well...please post some pics when u r done.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pics are a sure thing, should *hopefully* be back together sunday night-ish

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
They valve cover gaskets are rubber so they can be reused, just be sure when taking them off because they have RTV sealant where the head meets the front cover, and when you reinstall them make sure to reapply RTV where the gasket is notched to avoid any leaks

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
im gonna start a new thread..pics of painted valve covers.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok so i sprayed my valve covers, fuel rails, throttle body just like namelessliar except in Old Ford Blue. I had to do it twice cause some oil or some kinda crap must have gotten on them between prep and spray cause they were splotchy the first time and looked like ass. here's a preview of the color, they'll be back on the car in a couple days

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks Red. i cleared them since posting that pic, it really helps bring out the color

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
They valve cover gaskets are rubber so they can be reused, just be sure when taking them off because they have RTV sealant where the head meets the front cover, and when you reinstall them make sure to reapply RTV where the gasket is notched to avoid any leaks

I didn't... no leaks either :dunno

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey Y'all...Just got back from Bradenton's "NMRA" Event...all I can say is F**cking Awesome.....BBR has powdercoated valve cover's in any color you want for $195+shipping..Seen them all on display,and was really temped to pick up the Ford blue...**** I should of taken a pic with my cell...damn it...was looking at the chick at the stand had Blow by Racing emblazoned across her ass...lol...The website is www.blowbyracing.com....:cool:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Like I said..Good Luck with that."Ford" Lawyer's will rip him a new ass,not to mention cutting you up for simple Mods you've done to your vehicle,even if it dos'nt contribute to the problems your having..."LOOPHOLES"..."Damn you paid 38K....:eek:They saw you coming.....;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts