Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out im having leak issue on my car, everytime i pull out from the garage i notice the build up. I get under the car trying to figure out wheres it coming from, underneathe i figure that it coming from top of the engine. I feel around the valve cover and figured out its the valve cover gasket. From searching around i found out its easier with upper intake removed to do the job. I need help with the sequence?
Is their a certain sequence in bolting back in the valve cover and intake manifold.
Also wanted to confirm is 12-18 ft lbs for intake manifold and 10-13 ft lbs for valve cover are the correct tq settings?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
no tont bother with tq on valve covers....grab the ratchet head in the palm of your hand and tighten them down wrist tight.

go find the felpro reuseable valve cover gaskets they are blue with little metal rings for the bolt holes. i have had them for 2 years no leaks and i seem to take them off every week.

as for the removal of the upper intake yes it will make it easier and its not that hard.

just dont forget there is 2 bolts under the 5.0 plate on the upper plenum.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
no tont bother with tq on valve covers....grab the ratchet head in the palm of your hand and tighten them down wrist tight.

go find the felpro reuseable valve cover gaskets they are blue with little metal rings for the bolt holes. i have had them for 2 years no leaks and i seem to take them off every week.

as for the removal of the upper intake yes it will make it easier and its not that hard.

just dont forget there is 2 bolts under the 5.0 plate on the upper plenum.
That pretty much sums it up right there

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
good rule of thumb if it holds something on that moves then use a torque spec or sequence

the only exception is the intake manafold i use sequence on that but not a torque wrench. my wrist is calibrated quite well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts