Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i wana buy some sweet valve covers for my sixer.. something like.. Powered by ford.. or... Ford racing.. or... mustang... sumthing cool like that.. if you guys could help me find some sweet ones id b grateful.. the only thing i can find so far is a bbk one off rpmoutlet...

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
so i wana buy some sweet valve covers for my sixer.. something like.. Powered by ford.. or... Ford racing.. or... mustang... sumthing cool like that.. if you guys could help me find some sweet ones id b grateful.. the only thing i can find so far is a bbk one off rpmoutlet...
bbk's arer the onlu ones i know of and the have leaking ishues :(

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
and i don't know if the rad cover will work because we have a diferent overflow tank set up. i have been working on making a custom one for my car. but have been kinda lazy about doing the work so it is far from done. if your intrested pm me about it.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
i don't think there are after market ones for our sixxers... you can order some new stock ones and strip them and powder coat them... that would be sick... but other wise your SOL

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Why not just powder coat the one thats already on there? I would like to get something like this done.

I was thinking about just grabing some High Temp red paint from Autozone and goin to town on the valve covers...

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
he could do that but you would have to steam clean them to get all the oils and **** as well as sand blast them cause of the grim... well on mine you would have to anyways

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
you could grab some bbks from delk..

there needed for anyone running a pretty high lift cam
or ARP bolts on the rock arms. they will not clear stock valve covers.
another guy is making valve covers but i dont see it happening any time soon.not til the upper and lower is finished

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found a radiator cover.. i just went to ford and bought a stock one... i dont want too much chrome under my hood.. it reminds me too much of rice lol.. and as far as the valve covers... im still looking...

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you could grab some bbks from delk..

there needed for anyone running a pretty high lift cam
or ARP bolts on the rock arms. they will not clear stock valve covers.
another guy is making valve covers but i dont see it happening any time soon.not til the upper and lower is finished

well i have that 212/212 cam.. do u thing itl work??

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
i've thought about painting mine too
but their plastic and i don't know how they'll look :(

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
i've thought about painting mine too
but their plastic and i don't know how they'll look :(
I'd show you on obdnanrs but he wants black...stock...
lol and i want black too
but they are deffinitly paintable

mustang1072 if you want the bbks just get em:)

you dont have to NEED them to get em

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
does anyone know a spray paint thats close to the color of my car?
at like a $150 dollars a pint for my color
it doesn't have to match lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts