Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBK Performance Aluminum Valve Covers - Silver (3.8L V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I'm not 100% sure, so I wanted to make sure of a few things.

1. These give nothing more than an appearance upgrade correct?
2. Does anyone have these, and if so do they run cooler than the factory ones or hotter as they're aluminum?
3. These look tall in the picture do they offer a higher inside clearance than the stock ones?

I figure its better safe to ask here than be sorry down on the road.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Dotz ....

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Yes, appearance only. I don't think they're larger than stock valve covers. They will probably get hotter than stock valve covers considering the fact that they're metal and the stock ones appear to be some sort of plastic.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
I heard those bbk's do not allow for even oil flow or w.e... I would think they would be fine but I've read that..

175 can buy half a windstar. Do that instead

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
paint your own

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
chunks of metal are really friggen expensive it seems. smh.

@Matt. - +1

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
"We spend money we don’t have on things we don’t need to create impressions that won’t last on people we don’t care about."
— Tim Jackson

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
I have those BBK ones, only because i got them for what it would have cost me to get the stock ones powder coated.

I have the BBK ones and a spare stock set in my garage, i will take some comparison pics in the morning.

but for now

1 - 20 of 22 Posts