Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat exaclty happens if you dont wire this into the 2.3T covnersion?(the van air meter?) Like do u have to have this to do the 2.3T swap? Ive seen ppl with out it. any help would be nice? and ware is the plug for it on the 88t-bird harness cuz right now thas the main part holdin me up from gettin it wired up to my 88notch........

·
Registered
148 Posts
the Vane Air Meter is like a mass air meter etc
it is a must if you are using a stock computer unless you tune it for a MAF
if you saw people without it they are using a speed density system like megasquirt, sds etc....

you must have it, your merkur would have a small 2.5 od vam
large vams are on 87-88 TCs 3 in od and are used if u upgrade to an LA3, LB2 or 8ua computer

otherwise all other computers are programmed for a small VAM

where did u see a car without it and what were they using for tuning?
some people move it into a blow thru spot after the turbo but that causes some problems and you have to tune it a bit either by adding more preload to the spring or adjusting the air bleed screw

just read the rest of your post, sorry
the plug should be on an extension on the passengers side of the car, for wiring colors look at stinger-performance.com under tech articles and check out turboford.org tons of great info just use the search function

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
could i usse the table from the 90-93 mustang on stinger cuz w/that chart for pin in and pin out makes it so much easier or would i have to use the ??-90 i dont kno wat year it starts at for the other one? Im using a 88t-bird 2.3T and putting it into an 88lx.....cuz if i cna use that ill be able to do the repining in like and hour 2hours tops?

let me kno ne thing?( rodthrower?)

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
if you dont run the Vane meter it will run like crap, it'll tell the computer its not getting enough air flow and lean the **** out of it

cars that you see w/o the vane are converted to Mass Air flow like mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts