Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what modifications to the actual windstar intake I need to make? I've ordered all the parts from VAP except the actual intake. I'm picking it up from the Salvage yard tomorrow and am wondering what modifications to it I need to make.

BTW doing it this way has saved me nearly $150 so far. If this intake is in as good of shape as the guy at the salvage yard says I'll be happy as a puppy eating cheese.

Thanks for the help.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
When I don't have to type on my phone I can explain it better and post pics but the simple version is

Thorough cleaning

Shaving down the stock windstar iac port on the throttle body opening

Filling in the opening left from the shaving in the above step

Drilling the hole under the throttle body port and installing an elbow for the remote iac setup

And I believe that is it. But anyone else can correct me if I am wrong as I might be missing something.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
When I don't have to type on my phone I can explain it better and post pics but the simple version is

Thorough cleaning

Shaving down the stock windstar iac port on the throttle body opening

Filling in the opening left from the shaving in the above step

Drilling the hole under the throttle body port and installing an elbow for the remote iac setup

And I believe that is it. But anyone else can correct me if I am wrong as I might be missing something.
not that i remember...the moving of the IAC was the biggest thing (which you listed) besides cleaning the hell out of it (which you also listed)...good job :)

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Can anyone tell me what modifications to the actual windstar intake I need to make? I've ordered all the parts from VAP except the actual intake. I'm picking it up from the Salvage yard tomorrow and am wondering what modifications to it I need to make.

BTW doing it this way has saved me nearly $150 so far. If this intake is in as good of shape as the guy at the salvage yard says I'll be happy as a puppy eating cheese.

Thanks for the help.
This is pretty obvious, but make sure you clean the intake before install.. I just cleaned mine with a hose and let it dry

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Now as soon as the shipment gets here (provided the intake isn't cracked when I pick it up) I'll get to making my motor bay look meaner.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Ohh make sure you get those black grommets that go on top of the intake to secure the screws... Your need those

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rotten luck today, looked at three windstars two were cracked of one was crushed. Back at it monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts