Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys weigh after weight removal? I am wondering where these cars sit with what removed. I was on a scale last night and it read 3220 with me and a buddy in it, it seems a little low. I am going to go hit up a different scale this weekend, try to get something that seems better.

·
Registered
828 Posts
damn thats reeeeally light with 2 people in it...try another scale...

·
Registered
812 Posts
my car stock is pose to weigh 3,380 lb, but I have a heavy ass sub box in the trunk, so its prob around 3560 at least with me in it

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i have a 97 so mine is lighhhhhtttt!! :D

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
3220 with 2 people is wrong unless you have a ton of weight reduction. mine weighs 3620 with me in it.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have removed a chunk of weight, if it said 3220 with just me in it id believe it. Everything from the back of my seat to the trunk lid is removed, and then misc **** here and there like the front sway bar, quad shocks, and that weight that hangs from my diff. Was also a damn near empty tank of gas. I have a shed full of parts from my car.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright, with me and half a tank of gas, my car comes in at 3300 on another scale. I am fairly happy with that number, its probably about right.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Alright, with me and half a tank of gas, my car comes in at 3300 on another scale. I am fairly happy with that number, its probably about right.
I would be happy with that, considering im 300lbs:eek:

I want to get mine on a scale when done i just dont know where to go:confused:

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well I sit at 220, not sure how much the gas added up to be... Looking here and there I might be able to pull more weight, but as things sit, I don't want to pull anything id need. Everything I have pulled has only added to noise, id like to keep my ac and whatnot, so I don't think I have much more to pull without spending money.

·
Registered
978 Posts
me in my car and a full tank of gas with 2 tens in the back and im kicking right around 3600 lbs. i need to lighten the load a little bit!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
i think gas weighs around 7lbs per gallon....its pretty heavy ****

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I want to see 2800 lbs with me in it (2500 without) and with the power im looking for thats enuff to put me in the 10s with a bone stock 04 expedition longblock.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hm... I might be able to hit 2800 with me out of it, AC, bumper supports, radio ****, and rest of the interior have to add up, also have the option of spending money on lighter parts like a tubular front suspension. It all sounds nice though, 2800lbs has to do better on the mpg side of things... it could be what I use to argue for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts