Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please take time to read this.... sry its so long just figured id make sure i explain the problem well

ok... i have 89 lx stock 302 pretty much stock, aem brute force intake, msd cap and rotot excel wires... i am having a problem that started about a week ago... i thought i ran out of gas but i wasnt all the way on e... so i put gas in it it started ran fine... i parked it that night and the next day i began having the same problem... it would run for a while and once i reach running temperature or so it would cut off and then not start just keep cranking.... so i let it sit for 5 or so minutes and it starts right up.. and runs fine... so i assume fuel filter... replcaced fuel filter thought i fixed it nope... problems keeps up... so i came to the conclusion that it could be spark. so i pulled out a plug plugged the wire on it and held against block when it wouldnt start i didnt have spark... so i put a new coil o n it.... itis still having the problem but it seems like car runs fine then just starts actin up... i also notice when its getting ready to act up and while its acting up if i tach it up my tach starts jumping around before it stalls... does anyone have any clue what this is... i was thinking distributor or module but im tired of buying parts that arent the problem... so thanx in advance i could use any advice available....

90% sure it is a spark issue

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
sounds like the ignition module and they are a common replacement part for these engines.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts