·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thoughts comments?? Anyone here use it?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yup... good stuff stinks like you wouldnt believe. kinda like a sweet, chemically, puke-ish smell. but i do use it on the truck. was gonna design a electric spray bar system to apply it.. never did

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does it break down your tire compound?

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
to a degree :) you run through it after you burn out. makes your tires EXTREMELY STICKY

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks emay

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my buddy runs it

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Thanks E. I was thinking it was something along those lines but got thrown off when qwik was talking about using it on his truck ( started thinking along the lines of cleaning solutions ).

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
When we put it to use we lay it down thick about twice as wide as the cars tire path.. Light it on fire with a torch so it becomes molten and sinks into the pourous surfaces. Then spray the tire itself directly but lighty, then stage the car over the surface you just prepped. Done right, launch as hard as you want for the most part.. Serious horsed cars can get on the bumper with a drag radial on the street, that's how well it works when used correctly..

On a test and tune night no track will let you get this involved, unless your a heavy hitter in the low 10's or better and prepping for an event..

As mentioned above, street tires require special care, they tend to allow the VHT to lay soft in the tread. Gotta be careful in that sense. If you are, a street tire benefits from VHT use as well..

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
Thanks E. I was thinking it was something along those lines but got thrown off when qwik was talking about using it on his truck ( started thinking along the lines of cleaning solutions ).
man i always throw people off im sorry!
yea in plain old english, its a chemical which mimics a resin.. it's more of a synthetic tree sap. it does degrade your tires to a degree regardless of what some one tells you. if not used correctly it will chunk your drag radials... i know from expirience. i used to get out with my spray bottle and but about 4 quirts on each tire... the effect is a neck snaping launch

·
Registered
139 Posts
so can i put this track bite stuff on my tires when im in the stageing lanes. wipe it on with a rag or spray it on with a spray bottle. would this help it hook alot better

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I am still stuck with BETA .... and HD-DVD

1 - 16 of 16 Posts