Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
So many mods, so little $
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I decided to VHT my tails. I went with 3 coats of VHT and 3 coats of clearcoat. They aren't as dark as I want but, I don't want to run the risk of getting pulled over for something as stupid as dark tail lights. I'm going to let them sit overnight so I can polish them up good. Tell me what you guys think so far.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
Hard to tell, the picture is in shadows. I probably would've done another coat from what I can tell. I'm sure after polishing they'll look great.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Id say it came out pretty good for spray. I wouldn't go any darker than that either looks fine just like that. Hit it with some 2000 grit wet sand paper nd buff them out. Should look really clean after

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Id personally do it darker, almost the same color as your windows, I did 5 coats on an extra set of tails just to see and I think it came out good, you can see the running lights and brake lights very well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've dont this on a different vehicle before and after about 6 months they became dull...personally I would have gone with the smoke tails from am but it's a abou what you like!

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Id say it came out pretty good for spray. I wouldn't go any darker than that either looks fine just like that. Hit it with some 2000 grit wet sand paper nd buff them out. Should look really clean after
Yeah man I agree. That's probably what I'll do tomorrow since I have the day off

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
Looks much better. :yes

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also ordered the matte black decklid and inserts and the 3rd brake light cover from AM. Should be putting those on soon

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Looks good. I say take the spoiler off. It'll look better

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
I've dont this on a different vehicle before and after about 6 months they became dull...personally I would have gone with the smoke tails from am but it's a abou what you like!
I did it on my car when I had it and it lasted for the year I had it just fine. If you don't put clear coat over the VHT, that's when it gets dull after a few months.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I'm not much a fan of vht anymore but I do like yours from what I can tell from the pic.

·
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Anyone recommend a certain polish that I can buff them with?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts