Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I venture further and further into FI, I was told vibrant cats are needed or I risk failure. I've heard this 3 times now but from coyote guys.

I have BBK ceramic LTs, matching off road BBK H pipe with Magnaflow spun cat metallic core cats (59956) welded in and stingers. Going catless isn't an option for me as I hate fumes and trumpeting. With my future power goals being 400hp, is this something to really be concerned about? These cats run 358 each! I paid $100 each for the Maggies. I bought metallic core for the pure fact of being FI in the future.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
How much boost are you planning? I'v never run Vibrant cats but I've been running a ProCharger at 8.9 psi for many years and around 130,000 miles with BBK LTs and high flow cats. I haven't had any problems with the LTs or the mid-pipe. I don't have any idea why people are saying you have to go catless. It isn't true.

STD corrected I'm very close to 400 rwhp. Assuming a 15% loss through the drive train the SAE corrected 388 rwhp becomes 450 bhp. I don't think you will have any problem achieving your goal with the exhaust you have.

P.S. All my mods are in my garage.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
pretty sure the vibrants are spun metallic cats just like the magnaflow ones, I have the same magnaflow cats on my car 12 psi just shy of 500whp no issues for the past 3 years or so, I race the **** out of my car, I think you will be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts