Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i installed a mini spool in my car and got it back on the road today... after i installed it, it seemed like it was a little loose fitting to me but i asked a guy with one in his 8.8 and he said it fit kind of loose also. Well, i lowered it down and went to pull out of my driveway and heard a pop, i figured no big deal because that was it just taking up some of the slack in the mini spool..... went out on the road, drove it a mile or 2 and stoped in a parking lot and turned around. pulled out on the road, did a little burnout and launched it, it did fine other than the fact that it felt like the car was pulling to the left "not because of allignment". Pulled through 1st, 2nd, 3rd, when i went to shift in to 4th it was like it wasnt there, it blocked me out and it was vibrating horribly. I figured i might have missed 4th so i tried it again, same thing.... Then i just shifted it out at regular rpms and had no problem. figured i may have lost my touch on shifting fast so i pulled the car to a high rpm in 3rd and just slowly tried to shift it into 4th and it was a no go. car will not go into 4th at high rpms. the only thing i changed was the rear shocks and took the spider gears out and put a mini spool in it... sorry for the length but any opinions would be appreciated..... thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.