Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new motor and McLeod racing clutch installed in my car last year, have since only put 620 miles on it, but the odd time I can be in neutral at a stop sign and the clutch pedal will start shaking in the bit of slack at the top of the pedal. If I adjust the clutch one more tooth up on the adjuster then the TOB or something in the clutch area starts chirping but will go away when pressing the clutch in. But if I keep it back one tooth with a tiny bit of slop at the top of the pedal it doesn’t chirp at all. None the less, does this sound like my clutch wasn’t aligned when installed? I didn’t get the flywheel resurfaced, maybe it’s the flywheel?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Had the exact same issue. I replaced the clutch thinking it was a bad tob, which did nothing. If you depress the clutch a little bit, the shacking and chirping would go away. I found a video on YouTube showing this problem and the guy just put an adjustable clutch cable on it and it fixed it. I did the same, it fixed it as well. Here's a video of what mine sounded like after I replaced the clutch in an attempt to fix it:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, I will likely try that then, mine is no where near as bad as yours in that video. If I tightened it one more tooth on the stock pedal adjuster it would maybe be half that bad. Which adjustable cable did you end up going with?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got the bbk adjustable clutch cable off of American Muscle. Its pretty nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts