Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive noticed that after I romp on it and let off around 80-90mph my steering wheel will shake pretty rough. it does it slgihtly when im cruising around 50-60 mph.

could it be my driveshaft or bad u joints? Im a little stumped

·
Registered
806 Posts
where is the vibration coming from? can you hear it anywehre or just feel it in the wheel?

if its just the wheel i might wanna say balancing.

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its aall in the steering wheel. i DID just get new tires about 2-3 weeks ago. they said they balanced them but it doesnt feel smooth.

they were excellent and smooth when i fist drove em then the vibrations came after a week or 2

·
Registered
468 Posts
loose lug nuts? my dads wheel fell off after a mechanic at pepboys forgot the torque them to spec

·
Registered
806 Posts
next time you drive it let go of wheel and see if it pulls

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well its pouring rain right now... Ill go out tomorrow before school and torque em down. and try to the letgo method

·
Registered
468 Posts
rain? llluucckkkyyy...we have about 3 inches of snow on the ground...i did get to do some sick brodies after work though :)

·
Registered
468 Posts
powerslides

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh ok. never heard them called that

i dont really wanna try that ****. hahaaha

i dont wanna go and wreck the stang

·
Registered
468 Posts
i hear ya...i was driving my beater truck...boost in 10 degree weather=bad news so she sits in the driveway

·
Registered
400 Posts
my car does the same thing. its done it for a while now and i have no idea what it could be

·
Registered
400 Posts
kinda scary going fast too

·
Registered
806 Posts
if it pulls then you need an alignment.

but as mentioned its something in the front end

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
theres a few things it could be, bent wheel, bad balancing, bad alignment. i'd start out with the balance, have it redone and see if its better, if not and thier not bent, you need an alignment, and yes, bad alignent can make it shake.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
loose lug nuts? my dads wheel fell off after a mechanic at pepboys forgot the torque them to spec
i've heard about that happening, i work for the company, they fire the person who did it and they fire the service manager and the guy that checked the work. back when i worked on machinery, i had to replace a bunch of stuff on a skidsteer (basically a bobcat thing) because they didnt torque the wheels every 25 hrs being run. cost em like 5k to fix.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts