Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i recently had 4.30 gears installed along with BMR adjustable upper and BMR solid lowers. And after 500 miles now around 75+ it seems I'm getting a slight pulsating vibration, and at low speeds i can hear a chirping sound from under the car like metal on rubber. The shop has tore the cover since break-in and said all of the measurements are within limits.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
How many miles on the car? Might be something different. I have a squeek in my front struts thats noticeable but im almost at 50k miles.

Plus my tranny makes weird noises now also on decel.

Why did you go 4.30's? If i may ask

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
70000. and the noise is only when the car is rolling and it does it on a smooth street no bumps or anything, sounds almost like the drive-shaft rubbing something rubber.(already had it on a lift nothing is touching)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
244 Posts
Speed or RPM dependent?

Did it start right after getting all the suspension and gear mods done?

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
With that many miles it can be alot of things. The new mods might have awakened problems that were sorta dormant.

Is it affecting the performance of the car?

Our cars arent gonna be perfectly quiet all the time. Unless they remain stock.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It started doing it after everything was installed. How do you tell if the hanger is bad will it have slack or something.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
have a buddy hang on the bottom of the car while you do 75. Chain him up or something. Then have him look all over and listen for the problem.

Works for me? :dunno

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speed or RPM dependent?

Did it start right after getting all the suspension and gear mods done?
It does it cruising down the highway.

The car seemed fine for about a week and then the vibrations started happening.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
It started doing it after everything was installed. How do you tell if the hanger is bad will it have slack or something.
I would run by your dealer and ask your service manager what the tolerances are.

Typically there should be no up and down movement when you attempt to move the driveshaft in up or down near the hanger. Sometimes though the play can seem fine, but the bearing itself can still be shot.

Also note I'm not saying that this is definitely your problem. It's just an educated guess, and one of the things to eliminate as you look for the problem.

Another consideration is that even though they told you that everything is fine with the work they did..... that it's really not.

So if you start eliminating things like a bad hanger bearing, bad u-joint(s), bad axle bearing, etc... and are finding nothing wrong with anything anywhere... chances are they ****ed up something in the dif, and just are either missing the problem because they're dumber than a box of rocks, or they know and are trying to avoid warranty costs.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I called the shop he told me to bring it by Saturday and he will look at it, so hopefully he will find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I should just do some 6k launches on the new mickeys and see what breaks first.....:3gears

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took it to the shop and when they drove it they said it sounds like a drive shaft/hanger bearing problem, so there go to pull it and take it to a drive line shop to have checked.

·
Registered
978 Posts
^good call Zip!! :)

·
Registered
480 Posts
With that many miles it can be alot of things. The new mods might have awakened problems that were sorta dormant.

Is it affecting the performance of the car?

Our cars arent gonna be perfectly quiet all the time. Unless they remain stock.
Hell, stock they aren't nearly quiet either. Up until about 30k miles before I put my nitrous and other things on, the damn thing rattled and creaked all the time.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
i have a squeeking problem too. i always though it was the bushings on my LCA's. But now im thinking its this. do you guys think i should take mine to ford and have them check out the hanger bearing?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pulled the drive shaft and i think i found my problem, the rear rubber boot towards the rearend has a small tear and was leaking grease and now that rear joint has a bit of play and when you move the joint it feels really ruff like the inside is chewed up.

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
Me prob here. Xcept I have stock gears but while on the highway 50+mph the driver seat vibrates and the steering wheel shakes. Dunno wat the problem is, there's 133k miles on the car so idfk, I don't have $$$ to take it to a shop atm either...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts