Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to go pick one up, with a 75mm tb, 30lb injectors, and the later model fuel rails. My question is should i use on my combo, will it be a decent street intake, im planning more compression down the road. it will spend lots of time on street, Should i put it on, or sell it? I just hate the way my Tfs Looks, shoulda kept the cobra

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
If its all about looks, then find a GT40 tubular intake, their spendy though.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
The Victor 5.0 is a great intake. Keep it and use it and sell your trick flow. I agree, the trick flows look bland.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Not ideal on a 302, but it'll work. The Trickflow R and the box's look much better than these gigantic things, but these work on smaller cubes. And that's the most important part!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics coming of stock ports, lol the tape was on it and he never looked, looks like decent work

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 4000 to 7500 is scaring me. For a mostly street car, will it be a dog?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
When those first came out, they were for sale used alk over the place where they just didnt meet expectations. Ive seen them do ok on power, but an rpm2 flat works on a 302.

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
How much for the track heat, and what color is it?

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
When those first came out, they were for sale used alk over the place where they just didnt meet expectations. Ive seen them do ok on power, but an rpm2 flat works on a 302.
I've seen some do great actually.

A guy on corral has a 347 with stock port 170s, a port matched Victor 5.0 Intake, trick flow stage 3 cam and 410s or something with a 5 speed and he's going 10s all motor. Gilroyracing.... You probably know him. I forgot you had like 3k+ posts over there haha.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
I've seen some do great actually.

A guy on corral has a 347 with stock port 170s, a port matched Victor 5.0 Intake, trick flow stage 3 cam and 410s or something with a 5 speed and he's going 10s all motor. Gilroyracing.... You probably know him. I forgot you had like 3k+ posts over there haha.

Sent from my galaxy s II
Yeah, I was talking 302, a 347 might take advantage of the short runners and small plenum. Yep been in corral since the 90s. Id like to do a back to back comparison of the vic with an r box someday.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Yeah, I was talking 302, a 347 might take advantage of the short runners and small plenum. Yep been in corral since the 90s. Id like to do a back to back comparison of the vic with an r box someday.
I'm too wrapped up in the grudge scene is all...

If someone says 302, it's a 331/347/363...

If someone says it's a 351, it's a 393/408 etc.

Definitely do that if you can. I'd bet the r puts down more peak and carries the rpms higher. Probably more under the curve too.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Didn't realize you said r-box. What kind of combo would you use it on?

Idle-5500 I'd say the vic has it in the bag. Then above that the box will take it IMO.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i wouldnt mind a tfs r regular

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I might be getting a nitrous kit, looks likeb I need to figure out how to use it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts