Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sat the lower of my victor on the heads and its way off, I know most need milling but geez, I wanted this because i can get a cheap plate kit aswell, but would i be better getting a TFS r non box if so any one got a goodcheap plate kit?

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
Have your heads been milled? As a general rule for every ten thousandths you mill the heads, you need to mill fifteen thousandths off your intake. Check with your engine builder.

Jerry

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
You'd have to gasket match heads and intake together, as well as possible milling of course. And remember, the roof matters more than the floor

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Swapping intakes might not help your issue. But an R trickflow has longer runners than that Vic. Just depends on what you wanna do. The R has some huge runners which would require some portmatching as has been mentioned.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not worried about port matching.. But let's say if I didn't check the runners an I ran it I no fuel would get in the heads on one side. Which would be better for a street car with my mods?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What would u guys use? I'm about to get the intake milled if imma keep it. How much is this usually cost

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any opinions?

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ryan, how do u like the r on the street?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Ryan, how do u like the r on the street?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Not trying to answer for him, just giving my 2¢, but completely different motor combo. He's low compression set up for boost. I'm guessing without asking, but I bet his car is kinda turd like until he gets alot of rpm in it.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh, I think it's between the r intake and victor, or if I can find a rpm 2. Just can't decide

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Ya, our combos are not even in the same ball park, and besides my cobra intake on my stock engine i have nothing to compare it to.

The off the line feel..... is okay but id like it to be a little quicker, but im sure thats because of a few reasons, such as my gear ratio, low compression ect..... im sure that a gear change and some boost that will change all that. Like so many others my car is a work in progress

1 - 13 of 13 Posts