Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Pypes Catted X-Pipe over the weekend after welding in Pypes Race-Pro Mufflers about a month ago. Couldn't be happier with the decision. All in all, it set me back a little over $400 and the sound and performance is like night and day.

It's quiet at idle and cruising speeds (which is what I was looking for since I'm a high school senior...don't want any unwarranted attention from the men in blue), but really screams at higher rpms (Race-Pro's are practically straight through once exhaust gases get flowing). Didn't rev over around 4,500 in the vid, but you get a good idea for the sound.

So, for anyone looking for great value and doesn't want their exhaust to cause excessive cabin noise, this is a perfect combo.

Something I noticed as well -- you can hear the exhaust pulsing through the midpipe now and it is much louder than with the stock midpipe (I presume because the cats were muffling the sound before the gases hit the "elbow" on the midpipe). Anywho, it sounds a bit like a leak, but was curious as to your guys thoughts on what you may think it is. You can sort of hear it at 1:20. It happens once you get on the throttle and is much louder in the cabin than it was previously.

P.S. My dad was driving in case you were wondering why the driver appeared to be the oldest looking high school senior you'd ever seen.

·
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
249 Posts
Race pros are the ones similiar to magnaflows right?

Not sent from a stupid Apple device

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Chambered muffler?

I have UPR o/r x-pipe and pypes m80s, i also have a exhaust type leak ticking sound between 1k rpm and 3k rpm then it goes away. I checked all the bolts, welds on the mufflers and nothing is loose or leaking, it didn't make the noise with my stock exhaust. :dunno

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chambered muffler?

I have UPR o/r x-pipe and pypes m80s, i also have a exhaust type leak ticking sound between 1k rpm and 3k rpm then it goes away. I checked all the bolts, welds on the mufflers and nothing is loose or leaking, it didn't make the noise with my stock exhaust. :dunno
See, I thought I could faintly hear it at times with the stock mid-pipe, but it was extremely quiet (typically happened when stepping on the throttle while cruising w/o downshifting). I also could just be crazy!

But it could just be the absence of cats before you get to that elbow in the exhaust tubing. Just my guess though.

And btw, mine only happens in that general RPM range as well.

Here's an image of the muffler btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts