Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience using the 3M or Avery vinyl wraps on the classic mustangs? My friend and I did his WRX in a carbon Fiber Roof/Hood/Trunk and Flat Black everything else, and it turned out real well. The problem I see with doing a classic mustang is that unlike modern cars, the rain gutters do not cut the roof into a nice square, which means that you need a solid piece to cover the roof and both rear quarter panels. Since I have never seen pieces over 60" wide, I don't know how you could do this without a seam.

The reason I am interested in this is that I THINK i want a flat white car, but I'm not positive. By doing a wrap, I could have it in flat white for about $700, which is probably way cheaper than painting it, and if I don't like it, then I'm not out the full price of a paint job when I go to something else.

Just for kicks, what would a nice flat white paint job run me? Assuming there is no body work to be done, all the chrome is off, it just needs a quick sand and the fresh paint.

Thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did you ever find a solution to the one piece roof/side issues? My car has a less than quality paint job and I really don't like the color. I'm undecided on what color I ultimately want it to be plus I want to paint it myself but just don't have the time or space to do that at the current time so a vinyl wrap seems like a good alternative.

Also was the vinyl at all difficult to put on? I always like to do everything myself to save some coin and would probably do the same with a wrap if it's not too hard.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually bought a huge roll of the stuff, but then never could solve the seam issue. It is still sitting in my back room, waiting for me to sell it. Aside from the seam issue, it was relatively easy to apply to the pieces I tested it on (rear valence and headlight buckets).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts