Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Depends who does it. I like the lambos i see raped flat black hare in new york but they get $5,000 rap jobs. So if it looks cheap i dont think it will look good at all.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
damn that BMW looked great!

got me thinking about this now, haha.

I have planned on painting my 'vert matte black with some accent peices. but that is way down the road.

but something like this, that I can do myself? **** yea! haha.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I've never wrapped a car but my thoughts... The BMW has sweeping curves, not abrupt changes like the Mustang (like the molding, wing pedestal, bumpers/spoiler etc). It would be a lot harder to do that to a Mustang. Not impossible but still challenging for someone without experience wrapping cars.

·
Registered
264 Posts

i agree with the guys before me , it looks primed...... But im not going to knock on you style.... hope it works sound like it hard work to put it on

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I hope it catches on and more people start doing it, I am currently working on opening a shop here to do body wraps, invisible bras, window tint and alarms. They also offer a film for the bras, and wraps that changes what ever color you have to a matte finish, its pretty cool but a little more expensive. Its not easy to do, but not extremely hard, I tinted windows for a while so that probably gave me a little jump on it, it is very time consuming and tedious, if you don't have patience, and are not picky about little details then don't do it yourself it will look like ****, you have to take your time and work it all out so there are not wrinkles, and bubbles everywhere. Black is a little more forgiving.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
hmmmmmmmm

95 Mustang GT
depends how many people are pushing

·
Registered
3,245 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
the difference between the wrap and primer is that unless u have a compressor and a paint gun its going to look like ****, you also have to sand the whole car down and all that other good stuff, so about 90% of people considering the primer option are gona have to take it to a shop. were that guy with the bmw spent 120$ and probly only a few hours a day to do his entire car and then when he was ready he just pealed that **** off.

i had a friend wrap the top half of his 04 cobra and on the pillar behind the driver windows he had them mold a cobra behind the wrap. they just like cut out a cobra out of cardboard or foam or some **** and stuck that to the car them placed the wrap over the cobra, the cobra was raised and looked awsome and the wrap looked better than some paint jobs ive seen.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts