Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been considering wrapping my 2004 v6 convertible for the past month or so. The previous owner had it painted this really loud red color that i'm getting a little tired of. I really want to go with a matte light gray (sort of like the stock light gray 99-04, but matte). Gray is definitely the classiest color this model comes in.

Anyways, I go to search for some vinyl wrapped 99-04s, and I really have had no luck. I've searched everywhere too. So far I've found good quality pictures of only one 03 mustang cobra wrapped in matte blue, which looks pretty nice. I really want to see a matte grey OR any vinyl wrap on a convertible.

Here's the 03 cobra:

Here is the matte silver on a lambo:

So let's see those vinyl wrapped 99-04 'stangs. I know this one isn't the only one out there!

·
Registered
975 Posts
ive seen pics online but the wraps they had on them was for a business....i guess you could wrap a car if you wanted to....i heard of a guy that did a carbon fiber wrap on his car.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
That Cobra looks sex. I've also seen a matte black wrapped Termi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The color of the Cobra is Matte blue metallic. If your really interested in wrapping your car, i would first get the sample kit. I have mine already being sent in the mail, its for free and the company that has ever color wrap you can think of is 3M, They have a variety of different color greys, Matte, Carbon Fiber, Brushed Metal, Gloss, even Satin. There the best car wraps in the market. I will post some pics up but there not of mustangs, but you can get the feel of the color.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

The color of the Cobra is Matte blue metallic. If your really interested in wrapping your car, i would first get the sample kit. I have mine already being sent in the mail, its for free and the company that has ever color wrap you can think of is 3M, They have a variety of different color greys, Matte, Carbon Fiber, Brushed Metal, Gloss, even Satin. There the best car wraps in the market. I will post some pics up but there not of mustangs, but you can get the feel of the color.

Here's the website: 3M? Scotchprint® Wrap Film Series 10803M Graphic Solutions Products US

Just go to the right side of the screen and you can view each color and below that you can request a sample in the mail of all there colors for free, i would do that first cause the pics of the colors on there websites looks way different then in real life. Hope this helps you out :thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
wrap 1.jpg

wrap 2.jpg

wrap 3.jpg

Im trying to find the websites where the guys walks you step by step to do it your self, notes and video if your more interested. And it protects your paint job and if you get tired of the color you can just peel it off, and get another color.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Isnt a wrap really expensive and very hard to install? idk just asking.. Probablu why ill be doing that matte blue w plastidip.. Blaze blue or whatever..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its easy as anything else, just got to research,,,,, over 100 videos they have out there showing you how to wrap a car, the main thing is while doing a car wrap is to have patience. doesnt require that many tools either. The price is reasonable, it last as long as a paint job, the good thing about a car wrap is it protects your custom paint job, so when you get bored of your custom paint job and dont fill like wasting more money to redo it just wrap it for a while

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Patience is the biggest thing, if you start to wrap the car and get frustrated things go down hill fast, I helped my friend wrap his civic and the minute he started getting irritated the edges became jagged and things folded up, a heat gun was biggest helper. he ended up only doing two fenders, front bumper and roof..then rocked that for awhile because he didnt want to tackle the rest. doesnt help that the vinyl he picked up was thick, i believe thinner is better, not sure in that area though.

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Thinner is harder to work.. Needs to be a good medium, too thin and it falls together and sticks like window tint.... I have worked with vinyl just havnt wrapped an entire car.. Whats the cost for a kit thatll cover a stang?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Not sure if @maxgst is still around (link to his profile below, incase I screwed up tagging him). He wrapped his Red? mustang in a grey gloss if I recall correctly. I bet he has some posts/pictures, as I recall it being covered pretty thoroughly in one of his threads.

Forums at Modded Mustangs - View Profile: maxgst

·
Registered
979 Posts
damn thread is 3 years old

I didn't even look at the dates...guess it went TTT based on the post above mine, I just saw it had recently been posted in and added my input. Whoops :/

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
haha Im still around!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts