Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my custom stripe package in the mail today! Does anyone know if its ok to keep them all rolled up like they were when they arrived? They won't be installed for another week or so...Thanks!

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I left mine rolled up for about 2 weeks before using them and they laid down fine. Just don't fold or crease them.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
I let mine rolled up and in the tube they were delivered in for a couple of weeks and they installed fine.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I let mine rolled up and in the tube they were delivered in for a couple of weeks and they installed fine.
Same here. I just got mine put on my car and they where rolled up for at least a month.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome! because I really couldn't think of a safe place to lay them out flat...the company said lay them flat, but I'm more inclined to believe you guys...:D

Only a week until I get my car with her whole new look!! (Removing current stripes, adding hood stripe/C-stripe set...so excited!

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Same here. I just got mine put on my car and they where rolled up for at least a month.

I like that stripe!!! I've been thinking about about removing my current "BOSS" set up and go with a wide single w/pins from tip to tip, and then maybe some kind of more traditional, old school, BOSS striping on the side. I think your pins are a little wider and farther out than what I was thinking about. Can you post up measurements and maybe a few more pics for me? That would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like that stripe!!! I've been thinking about about removing my current "BOSS" set up and go with a wide single w/pins from tip to tip, and then maybe some kind of more traditional, old school, BOSS striping on the side. I think your pins are a little wider and farther out than what I was thinking about. Can you post up measurements and maybe a few more pics for me? That would be awesome.
Which Boss striping were you thinking about?? Because if you can wait a week-ish, I'm getting that superstripe on my hood (different spacing though) with reverse c-stripes on the side, so you can see what that boss striping looks like...

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think my center stripe is 19" and the side stripes are 1" wide. They are set up like that so they can clear the windshield sprayers. I actually figured they would be pushed out maybe 1/4-1/2" but it ended up like this. I still love them though. I gotta get up nice and early and make sure they're clean tomorrow :)

When I go to clean them off i'll get the exact measurements and see if I can show where they clear the windshield sprayers.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Which Boss striping were you thinking about?? Because if you can wait a week-ish, I'm getting that superstripe on my hood (different spacing though) with reverse c-stripes on the side, so you can see what that boss striping looks like...

Kinda like this but without the extra hood stripes. Just the sides and then the center super stripe w/pins from tip to tip.

1969 1970 Boss 302 Mustang

I actually thought about running the 3 stripes (kinda what I got now) from the front tip/splitter instead of the front of the hood, back down the hood and instead of ending where the 2 side ones split off into the boss striping, continue the center one all the way back to the rear tip/diffuser. I just don't think the transition, from where the 2 split off and the center one continues over the car, is going to look good. So I think I'm going to go with the one center and just the sides.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I think my center stripe is 19" and the side stripes are 1" wide. They are set up like that so they can clear the windshield sprayers. I actually figured they would be pushed out maybe 1/4-1/2" but it ended up like this. I still love them though. I gotta get up nice and early and make sure they're clean tomorrow :)

When I go to clean them off i'll get the exact measurements and see if I can show where they clear the windshield sprayers.
That looks good man!! I want to go Dark Blue on mine though. How much is the average install on stripes?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I paid $300 at a place locally. For them to cut their own stripes and install them it would of been $500. Not a bad deal. They said it would be nearly $200 to remove the old stripes as well but I just used simple green and a plastic scraper.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I paid $300 at a place locally. For them to cut their own stripes and install them it would of been $500. Not a bad deal. They said it would be nearly $200 to remove the old stripes as well but I just used simple green and a plastic scraper.
Not a bad price. Especially if they warranty it.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
It was a PITA trying to find any place to put them on. This was pretty much the only local custom vinyl place and they where pretty good from the look of their website and recommendations.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts