Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently got a viper 5704 alarm installed on my 2007 mustang gt manual. the Shop who installed it, i think wired it wrong. My battery is drained every morning. The radio turns on 20 mins after I arm the alarm. Also when i arm the alarm, it says door open when its not and radomly goes off. Is there anyway you can help me thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. I figured if they didnt do it right the first time, they probably dont know what their doing. I might have them take the alarm out and go somewhere else.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Yea you should just bring it back regardless as soon as you can. They should fix it or refund you

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Seems kinda odd that the radio turns on. Does the alarm get wired to the stereo or something? I'm reaching here but it could have something to do with your SJB. Has it rained recently where your at? There is a known water leak issue that can sometimes mess with your SJB and display similar symptoms. Just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its been raining for the last two days. But the radio has been coming on before that. It almost seem like everything comes on expect my headlight and car actuallt starting. now when i get out of the car i turn the radio up so i can hear when it comes out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
lmao wow thats a special one, I work at an audio shop and we do a lot of remote starts, this is something I have never heard of, the door open thing is most likely due to the fact that the shop was lazy and hooked your door trigger wire to the dome light instead of the actual door trigger wires. So when you initially arm it, it sees the dome light on as an open door until that light shuts down. The battery drain has something to do with that radio turn on deal most likely. I have absolutely no idea how they could have managed the radio turn on thing. Take that back to the shop ASAP, they **** the bed on that one... GL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts