Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I loaded her up and took her to a special place to change the computer from the old AEM v1 to a Pro EFI system aka $$$$$ "le poor" now. Also changing the hotside housing to a slightly smaller unit to flow better with the giant turbo and make more power and also make power earlier in the rpms. So far everyone that knows the car that I've talked to and knows the system/understands it have all said basically "it's going to be an even bigger monster". Previous owner said "You gotta take me for a ride when done!". He has been pretty cool. Since I sold my 28ft enclosed railer he let me borrow his which is a little smaller but still did the job.

Oh and while LEFTY pays $500 for a key and has to go to Timbukto I bought four for the price below at Home Depot and they all work. I like how two of them look like Dodge Caravan keys, the circle ones.

Yesterday

·
You had one job!
9,138 Posts
I think you have a death wish. 1st you go full gangster vigilante and now you're trying to build a spaceship.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
haha, how the hell do you even hook on the street with that much power??

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol youre crazy man
More powah! Really tho, the car needs 2015 technology in it.

I think you have a death wish. 1st you go full gangster vigilante and now you're trying to build a spaceship.
Have to prepare for Poconos Roll Race Wars. I am totally against that kind of crap, but dammit it sounds fun.

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

haha, how the hell do you even hook on the street with that much power??

The car is a freak. It hooks. I don't know how. It forces blood away from your face and you feel naseaus. Having 345's in the back helps too. Other people with the old GTS can attest to hooking

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
oh god, I just came

Reactions: HighDensity

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Excuse me, but it was $498 for the key

Reactions: Snake556

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roll racing seems like something that car would be good at lol
It is good at that, eating corn, annoying the neighbors, and attracting a crowd anywhere I go. That is about it.

Excuse me, but it was $498 for the key
How dare me

LOL more power, HD I literally cant imagine how hard that thing must pull.
It is just stupid. Just watch the video of the mph climb

0:42-0:52

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How much more do you think it'll make?
More so interested in wider power band. As of now the car is fast as hell, but that top end power number doesn't help me with lower rpms. Smaller turbo housing will make the turbo spin sooner. Overall the car will be much faster.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
How dare me
THIS IS AN '89 HONDA!!!!1

More so interested in wider power band. As of now the car is fast as hell, but that top end power number doesn't help me with lower rpms. Smaller turbo housing will make the turbo spin sooner. Overall the car will be much faster.
Much faster at getting to Savannah's :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I drove my friends 2jz supra with 550hp. It had a huge turbo and didnt make full boost until almost 5k rpms. Before the boost hit it felt slower than my stock mustang. And 5k rpms is a long time to be feeling so slow.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
THIS IS AN '89 HONDA!!!!1

Much faster at getting to Savannah's :shiftyeyes
Yes. Oh yes.

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

I drove my friends 2jz supra with 550hp. It had a huge turbo and didnt make full boost until almost 5k rpms. Before the boost hit it felt slower than my stock mustang. And 5k rpms is a long time to be feeling so slow.
I had a turbo Supra.

Yeah, the 106mm monster kicks in around 4300-4500 rpm and then holy **** hold on to your nutsack we are clear for launch.

I want it to kick in sooner and not be a dyno queen as they call a lot of top end power Supra's.

Don't get me wrong, I've pretty much slaughtered the few that dared made an attempt, you know, those guys in turbo subarus sti's and Evo's making bigger power and a Vette

Reactions: Woodman

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
haha who the hell dares go against you?

you should race some modded gtrs

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha who the hell dares go against you?

you should race some modded gtrs
You take your 500-600rwhp cars like above and they see a 450 flywheel hp '97 GTS and think "oh let me beat this Viper real quick". :shiftyeyes

Oh. I will. GoPro slaughter action.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3,679 Posts
Have you got it to the dragstrip yet to get some 1/4 mile times?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts