Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My laptop will not reconize my tuner at all... The instructions attached to the download on the SCT site were for a XP computer, so it seems I may have done something wrong in Vista.
Now when I plug the SCT Xcal 3 into my computer the tuner boots up but my computer does not come up with it anywhere... I called SCT twice but they are not open till monday...

Anybody have any ideas then Reformatting my computer????

-Joe

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an XP desktop... Could I use that instead to data log and all...????

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thats what i will try either tonight or tomorrow then
thanks

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
did you get the plug fixed?
No unfortunately I havent the seller is going to see if SCT can replace it or fix it.. I am just going to try it out... I want to get my intake on my car...

How hard is it to use a Desktop instead of a Laptop??? Much harder or about the same???

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Call SCT live help. They can gain access to your computer and do it for you.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Most of the online upgrade software is NOT Vista compatable. I just bought a new (refurb) laptop and went to Dell Outlet because that was the only place I could get one with the XP operating system. My son bought one from HP and it has been a nightmare trying to change the operating system from Vista to XP. Vista should be called junksta!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hey Joe....Good Luck with your Xcal 3 it's a F**king piece of "****"...I've had problems since day "One",and wish I would of never purchased it.Works good after SCT fiddles with,but the tune went out of it Yesterday...Shoulda stayed with Diablosport....:mad:

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a Diablosport Predator..but it was used on my 02 Stang that I traded,and never downloaded to stock...I know tecnically it's still married to the Stang,can it be salvaged to use on my 08????

·
Registered
161 Posts
Probably not. The 2005-2008 Mustangs need extra memory and that has caused issues with the Diablo tuners. They can hold a limited custom tune, but the new units all have the increased memory need for a true custom tune. I have not had an XCal3 lose it's canned tunes, let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yeah, I kind of figuired that.I've tried to locate the lucky new owner of my old Stang,but no luck...It's really weird,I removed the CAI,downloaded the stock tune to see if the surge,and erratic idle would go away.Car ran perfect.Reinstalled the CAI,Hooked op the flashtuner,downloaded previous tune.Started the car,ran like ****....and Engine light came on.Downloaded to stock again,and reuploded canned tune,same thing.With out going back to stock tune,installed stock airbox,car runs perfect....Soooo where the hell did the canned tune go?????????:mad: now I'm taking off on my Harley to try,and put this out of my mind!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
Probably not. The 2005-2008 Mustangs need extra memory and that has caused issues with the Diablo tuners. They can hold a limited custom tune, but the new units all have the increased memory need for a true custom tune. I have not had an XCal3 lose it's canned tunes, let me know how it works out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my dad had the same problem on his diablosport, you have to find a USB to serial cable thats vista compatible, try cablestogo.com

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey thats for all the input guys... I managed to get the tuner updated on my Mother laptop which has XP but I cannot load a Custom tune... I just saw that there are 3 custom tunes on the Xcal3 that arent mine and I am trying to figure out how to delete them...
How do you delete a Custom tune cause I am guessing that is why I cannot get my Custom tune on....
I am deff going to call SCT live tomorrow reps for that....

·
Registered
462 Posts
Spent most of the morning on the the phone,and online with SCT,seems there's another revision to there firmware,will it ever end??? Got that downloaded then sent me another tune for the CAI,had to wait until I got home tonight to reflash,and install the CAI. I don't know what Tune they sent me,but it sure as hell was'nt for the C&L Racer Intake like I told them...Boggs like hell and no power on accell,and idles rough as hell.Stock configuration,runs excellent,and idle is rock steady??????

·
Registered
161 Posts
That has got to be frustrating! Hope you get it worked out. Why don't you take a short run up to Longwood and let them play with it at the factory?

I bet it's the infamous Disney World SCT virus...Happens everytime a Mustang with an SCT tuner gets close to Disney World...:mad:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts