Modded Mustang Forums banner

Vmp, brenspeed??

5K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  BMR Tech 
#1 ·
Well, I have to make a decision to ruin my dyno tune and either get a remote tune or email tune and at this point i dont know who to get. i am afraid of losing the power from the dyno
ive already been ripped twice so, those of you running a tune from someone please chime in.
what can i expect with my mods and an email tune?

my mods are:

steeda delete plates
mac longtubes
off road prochamber
currently bbk throttle body but being replaced. this is why the car wasnt finished dyno tuning
vortec V3Si HO supercharger

#3 ·
lol, nope. i believe i got your input in the other post
im just scared man. i spent alot of money and could only do these mods because i deployed for a year. and right now im just frustrated and disgusted, want the car to run right, which it already should be. and i dont want a shitty email tune

#5 ·
so, nasty, compared to a dyno tune that put me at 478/403, in your opinion what do you think VMP would do for me.
and also, my installer/tuner had issues with the brenspeed detroit rocker supercharger cams. he said he had to take alot more timing out than normal.
so, this weighs heavily on my mind also

#6 ·
I have been dealing with Brenspeed for 3 years great company no problems. Ihave never delt with VMP but as I see on this and site and many others Vmp is a great company so punt. There are many good tuners besides these two it comes down to who you feel more comfortable with.

#8 ·
I just ordered the SCT tuner off of AM and im getting a custom tune from Bama. I'll let you know how it goes. I am surprised how in depth their tuning goes but then again I dont know if they do supercharged with cams too. What other companies ****ed you over? My tune on my car is alright but im not happy with it. Hopefully Bama will hook me up.

I cant see VMP or Brenspeed giving you a bad tune and saying deal with it. They will keep at it till they get it right. They know an email tune isnt going to be perfect the first try.

#10 ·
Yeah I hated taking my car in to get work done. I always had a feeling like they where going to **** me over and not install something. Even a good tuner has his/her days though. My dads car took about a month of work... the guy worked on about 5-6 vehicles at a time but he made sure everything was done right.

I am glad im paranoid though I found a bolt that was about to fall off my sway bar which was causing a horrible clunking noise.

Have you tried to call Brenspeed or VMP. I called Bama just to verify they could do everything I wanted. Just explain whats going on and ask them if they can do it and how long it would take to get right. The turnaround time on my tune is 48 hours... I may have my tune in my email before my tuner even arrives!

#17 ·
Something was majorly wrong with my VMP tune, after I had it installed, everytime I turned on my turn signal, it would pop my trunk open.. Not sure why...

JUST KIDDING!!!! :p I don't have a VMP tune in yet....... yet........

I will say one thing, Justin was very nice in his emails, was able to answer all my questions, and was willing to spend time with me..

#20 ·
This is the problem. Ive already gone to two local shops. Not to mention instead just spending $400 on a throttle body, tjen my tuner adjusting the tune that HE wrote, now i must buy th TB and spend another 4-500 on a dyno tune. So, we up to almost 1,000 bevause my tuner/ imstaller has disappeared for the last month

#22 ·
soo, i dont really feel bad for talking ****, bit just finally got a hold of installer. hes had TB for a week but forgot to call.
but, i have knee surgery tomorow so dont know when i can get car to him

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.