Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I ordered a tune last week (last tue) from VMP.. And in the email it says the tunes can take between 5-10 business days. Cool.. So, Im kind of antsy, and gave Justin a call, "just to see how things are going" I know, he proly hates guys like me.. This is the first time Ive ever spoke with him.. He answers and I tell him who I am, and that I ordered a tune, and was just wondering how things are looking. He takes my order number, and asks to put me on hold.. Cool... So I am on hold for a few minutes, He comes back and says, "I just sent that over to you", I reply, Cool!, Its was done?.. He replys, "I just did"..:eek::cool: Thats awesome.. LOL!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Please let me know how the VMP tune works for you. I'm still going back and forth on a VMP tune or a dyno tune from a shop. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it was a custom one, I listed everything thats been done..

Steeda CAI
Steeda charge motion delete plates
Steeda UDP's
MAC's LTH's
MAC's O/R prochamber
Comp 127500 cam's and springs
Livernois Phaser Lockouts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I got news for you, I tell ya what, Justin can take his 2 minute tune and.....................................

PUT THAT SUCKER IN THE BANK!!!!!!!!!!!! PURE MONEY!!!!!

I loaded it up after work, and the only thing that rev'd up was my heart rate.. Cold start, goes right to 1700 for a second or so, then drops right down. Just like it should..
I am very happy with his tune, I went for a quick drive and I swear the things alot more responsive on the gas, and Im not talking about having a touchy gas pedal, I mean, when its in neutral, and you hit the gas, it revs quicker, almost like its running alot better..

I want everyone to know, that I have NO issues with Bama and there tunes.. The honest truth is they worked with me a ton, always took my calls, went more than the extra mile. They must have sent me 8 or 9 tunes, plus doing data logging, and I think I talked to every tech guy they have.. And all this was for free, they where not making a dime off of me.. It is what it is, and it did turn out to be the tune. Chris Rose PM'd me and is working on my tune issues too, and even though the VMP one works great, Ill still be more than happy to load up whatever Chris can come up with, just so we can try to figure out whats been going on.

In the end, Im very happy with the VMP tune, very happy with Justin.. And very happy to have my car back running good..

You can say Im happier than a puppy with two peters.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
LOL congrats =D I had a VMP tune on my old 2006 V6 and loved it. Was thinking about getting one from him again.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Did you need any datalogging with justin's tune? It'd be badass if he could write a tune for my H/C/I without any datalogging and then I could drive down there for a proper dyno tune and a quick stop at Disney world for the girl and kid

·
Registered
167 Posts
That's good to hear. If things don't work out after I try the new Bama tune they just sent me I might be giving VMP a call. Thanks for the update!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, didn't do any data logging with Justin.. I just ordered it up online, and that was it..

P.S, 101, Im on my way to UPS right after this post!!

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
I had the exact same experience with VMP this morning. I wonder if he thinks we're the same guy... I sent the "just checking in" email (cams go in thursday), and an hour later he sent it to me. Can't wait.
now...*ahem*
Where's that G.D. video we've been waiting for, Eleanor08???

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've got the same mods you have when Justin tuned my car on the dyno 2 yrs. ago. He spent some time dialing the VCT, fuel and timing in for the best power and drivability. I was impressed with the way it ran when he was done. It was one of the first he did with the 127500 cams. The car made 343 rwhp on a very hot July day.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, pure awesomeness.....!

I will get the video proly wednesday, My GF will be at derby clinc, so I can go play with the camera a bit!!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
wonder what he can do with the brenspeed detroit rocker supercharger cams and a vortech? along with about he same mods as you have eleanor

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
yeah, he has good tunes and hes been going out of his way to work with me on a couple of minor issues i am having. No question he dosen't have the fastest turn around time out there, but he does know what he's doing and is willing to work with you to make sure you get what YOU want from your tune

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Sweet, glad to hear that he was able to take care of it! Good to see a lot of people are getting good results. Sure he's been really, really busy lately but it's worth it.

This kind of reminds me of something. Back when I was into F150s, there was a company called Troyer Performance. In the beginning of my time there everyone went with Troyer because he was the 'best'. Turn around times for mail order tunes for all F150s was 8 months. We're talking about basic bolt on trucks or even stock trucks! Everyone said you have to be patient to get the best.

Well, eventually people started trying out VMP Tuning. I was actually turned onto them by a friend who was also on the forum in California. Pretty funny that a friend in California knew about VMP Tuning and I didn't even though he was right around the corner to me! A couple months to a year later most of the people were wondering why they ever waited 8 months for Troyer. LOL

1 - 20 of 44 Posts