Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2010 With the sync system and steering wheel controls like those of the 11-12s. My voice command and phone steering wheel buttons have recently crapped out. It only works every so often. Has this happened to Anyone else? Anyone know of a fix?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Nope. Just the airbag. Two bolts, and it's electrical. Then the buttons slide out and unplug. Install is the reverse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Are you sure the button is at fault? The Sync system is buggy at times, or it could be your phone/player.
If I go bluetooth, I never have issues playing music. The answer and hangup button on the wheel is slow to respond. If I plug the iphone into USB, it works right about 70% of the time.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just goin on record in case anyone has the same problem in the future and decides to search it:

Had an epiphany, moved the steering wheel angle up, the button instantly started working. Moved it down, worked again. Well see if this is a permanent fix though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
With that info, I would suggest looking at the clockspring and the wiring to the steering column for a loose pin or a wire that is breaking apart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts