Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look, i got a problem, i just installed a hornet alarm system in my Mustang, i did it my self... everything workes great, besides two things, my trunk release does not release because there not enough power to trip it, the power the alarm system puts out is only 200 mA and the same with the fuel door, what can i do to up the voltage, is there something that i can buy that will send my power to whereever i need it when i hit that botton???

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
If it is only pulling 200 mA then your power loss is not in the alarm. I would check for a faulty ground/loose connector increasing the resistance through the circuit.

·
Registered
257 Posts
alarms are NOT my speciality
but I would check what Slo said... if not that make sure you have it all wired correctly. Very ez to hook up the wrong wires.. and if that doesnt work, time to visit your local sterio shop :crazy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, it says in the maunal that this wire will only put out 200 mA's its hooked up right, the alarm will not allow it to put out more than that... but i need to know if they make something that can send out more current, i mean that will take this 200mA and put more out instead

·
My Stallion is Bigger!
3,009 Posts
You could always add a step up transformer but they are fairly expensive I think. Maybe try a capacitor to give the voltage a quick boost to help actuate the solenoid operating those locks. I myself would think that a small capacitor would be the way to go unless you have to worry about surging voltage blowing fuses and what not. Then I would go with a small step up transformer for constant power output. I am just getting into auto electric so if their are any "old salts" that know something better feel free to join in and give a hand.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i figured out what i needed, and it was only 4-5 bucks i needed a relay, what the do is take power from the batterey and from the alarm and when the alarm sends its signal it opens the connection to the battery allowing 12 volts to pop the door open, and i got a little bit psyco with it and made it pop my gas door as well. hehe thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts