Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading some other forums and googling, I found that if I don't have the battery warning indicator light connected, that can cause the alternator not to charge or more to say, not turning on the voltage regualtor.

So does anyone know if I can just buy a light to use for a warning and hook it up to the b14 position of the instrument cluster wiring?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
You should be able to use an ignition source and just send 12v into the alt. sense wire whenever the ignition is on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The stock harness has the light bulb and a 500 ohm parrallel resistor to it in casae the bulb burns out - so use a 12v source with 500 ohm resistor in series.

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I did actually soon after I posted. I added a 15amp fused wire in between so the new Alternator illumination light stays on when there's a charge, if no charge or "signal" the light goes off. I actually like it. Nice little light mellow blue light on. I saw that on the back off the stock cluster with the 500 ohm resistor on it. This bulb actually has a closed loop circuit of it so if the light does blow out the loop for the alt's signal actually passed through and I just have to snag another light.

Thanks for the help anyways guys. Now I'm going to get the rest of my gauges together and back to the metal shop to drill or plasma cut the holes for the other gauges. I can drill the holes for the light sources and toggles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts