Modded Mustang Forums banner

Volvo Head swap question

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  vristang 
#1 ·
Hey guys so I'm getting the 2.3l n/a up and running with a n/a head.

This question is for my 2.3t swap down the road. Now I found some 740 volvos around and I'm just wondering. Do all 740 from 89-90 have the b234f head or does it have to be gl/gle specific? I don't know the brand well but on Google it say gl/gle so I'm just making sure. I also was offered one through a junkyard network at $700, now the cars are listed $500-700, I can just get the car, take the head, junk the body, or part, then junk and make back some money. If it's the same head then I'll go for it. Thanks guys in advance

#2 ·
I picked one up for $50 at a self pull yard. I'm not sure exactly about the models, but they did make a 2.3 single cam motor. So the difference will be there. If you want to turbo a car, use the stock mustang 4 plug heads. They have better power potential, and the cams alone to do a good 2.3t Folvo are over $600 if I remember correctly, the piston set is also another $600. Other than cool factor (which is high) the Folvo isn't any better, and it actually has less power potential.

#4 ·
They flow better stock than a stock 2.3 ford head, but there is very little that can be done to it. For the cost of the swap, you can build a very mean 2.3 iron head.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.