Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while at the dyno, my blower started locking up and making weird noises. after inspecting it and taking the inlet pipe out, the impeller is completely gone. If i try to spin the blower by hand, i can feel some type of grinding. Do any of you know ho much it cost to get the blower rebuilt? Im almost to the point where i dont want to mess with this anymore and just sell everything and put it back to stock.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
ehh man that sucks. it's not gonna be cheap. sounds like something got loose and let the impellar smack into the case. was your belt absurdly tight or anything like that?

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
The rebuild will depend if the case and volute are still good. I would say between 600-1200. You should be able to upgrade to a T-trim for the same price.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im going to change my oil before i drive it just in case anything went in the engine.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Im going to change my oil before i drive it just in case anything went in the engine.
I'd recommend inspecting your intake manifold (phyically take it out and shake it) and also get a bore scope down into the cylinder walls, to make sure that there is no shrapnel in the engine. I'd also recommend not starting the car at all until you have done the above. If the blades imploded, most likely metal got into your cylinders or atleast intake mainifold.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
I'd recommend inspecting your intake manifold (phyically take it out and shake it) and also get a bore scope down into the cylinder walls, to make sure that there is no shrapnel in the engine. I'd also recommend not starting the car at all until you have done the above. If the blades imploded, most likely metal got into your cylinders or atleast intake mainifold.
I think he has an intercooler, so most would get caught in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts