Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been waiting a long while but its finally time for forced induction. I'm going to be running a v3 si trim with a treadstone intercooler, blowing through a vmp5000 maf.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
13,574 Posts
If you have any questions Ive ran 3 different vortechs over the years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you run any big intercoolers up front? Mine barely fits behind the crash bar without having to cut it so that is good. But I had to remove the hood latch support to make it fit. Looks like I'm going to have to fab something up or go with hood pins.
 

·
_
Joined
·
3,782 Posts
Have you run any big intercoolers up front? Mine barely fits behind the crash bar without having to cut it so that is good. But I had to remove the hood latch support to make it fit. Looks like I'm going to have to fab something up or go with hood pins.
90% of people cut the crash bar to fit the IC. The other 10% run a Donathens Racing support bar (me), ha.

Good luck with the build! Your in the right place for the information. Sounds like a solid setup, will hit the stock long blocks potential real quick.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
13,574 Posts
Have you run any big intercoolers up front? Mine barely fits behind the crash bar without having to cut it so that is good. But I had to remove the hood latch support to make it fit. Looks like I'm going to have to fab something up or go with hood pins.
My intercooler is 31x12x4. It takes some fabrication but it fits perfectlyand i have a modified foam insert as well.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top