Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been waiting a long while but its finally time for forced induction. I'm going to be running a v3 si trim with a treadstone intercooler, blowing through a vmp5000 maf.

·
13,574 Posts
If you have any questions Ive ran 3 different vortechs over the years.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you run any big intercoolers up front? Mine barely fits behind the crash bar without having to cut it so that is good. But I had to remove the hood latch support to make it fit. Looks like I'm going to have to fab something up or go with hood pins.

·
_
3,782 Posts
Have you run any big intercoolers up front? Mine barely fits behind the crash bar without having to cut it so that is good. But I had to remove the hood latch support to make it fit. Looks like I'm going to have to fab something up or go with hood pins.
90% of people cut the crash bar to fit the IC. The other 10% run a Donathens Racing support bar (me), ha.

Good luck with the build! Your in the right place for the information. Sounds like a solid setup, will hit the stock long blocks potential real quick.

·
13,574 Posts
My intercooler is 31x12x4. It takes some fabrication but it fits perfectlyand i have a modified foam insert as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts