Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so I finished my install last night. Car ran rough for about 30 seconds and then smoothed out, nice whistling sound and I'm thinking everything is good. About 2 minutes later after nervously took it to 2500 a couple times, it starts running rough and the wrench light comes on. I assumed a check engine light from not having cats and the canned tune not accounting for them. I also installed Steeda delete platesand GT500 fuel pumps but didnt think they would throw the wrench light. What exactly does the wrench light mean? Enlighten me. I'm about to call the dyno-shop I will be going to on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
There you go. I wouldn't touch or run the car too much until you take to dyno tune it. By the way now you need to join the crew lol

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, so the delete plates will throw the wrench light? I assumed it would be the check engine light....I assumed the rough idle being from the delete plates too.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
check the code.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
The delete plates do that without a revised tune(to turn off the charge motion control valve parameter) because the PCM thinks that the butterflies are still there, but it senses an error, so the wrench comes up on the dash.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
Sweet!

I'd just ask Aric about it before you drive it at all. The wrench usually means "limp" mode...but pull the code(s) and tell Aric which one it is before you head to the dyno. He will probably e-mail you a "temporary" tune just to get to the dyno.

Stay OUT of boost until he tunes it and as long as you are not lean you should be alright...although too rich may foul your plugs.

If you don't already have them, Aric will recommend the Brisk spark plugs to you...but Autolite HT0's will work fine as well.

Take some pics and be sure to post up some dyno charts after he gets you dialed! I love the hiss those things make.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Sweet!

I'd just ask Aric about it before you drive it at all. The wrench usually means "limp" mode...but pull the code(s) and tell Aric which one it is before you head to the dyno. He will probably e-mail you a "temporary" tune just to get to the dyno.

Stay OUT of boost until he tunes it and as long as you are not lean you should be alright...although too rich may foul your plugs.

If you don't already have them, Aric will recommend the Brisk spark plugs to you...but Autolite HT0's will work fine as well.

Take some pics and be sure to post up some dyno charts after he gets you dialed! I love the hiss those things make.
:withhomo

·
Registered
225 Posts
Congrats!!

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You thought you could run it with the delete plates and no tune?
No, I had a dyno appointment lined up before I even finished the install. The DiabloSport tune I'm using was leant to me by a friend who ran it like untill he got in for his dyno-tune. He dynoed this tune and air/fuel was pretty much spot on and curves were pretty good as well.
I knew the delete plates would cause it to act up, I just expected a check engine light and not the wrench light. Just wanted to be able to start it up, pull out of the garage and clean it up good before my date with the dyno on Saturday.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts