Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple hundred more bucks to save till I have 3k to spend on a blower. I'm gunna be doing the intake and intercooler piping all myself and a Cx intercooler, red Bov, Cobra injectors, and the 340l fuel pump. I have gauges and gauge cluster already. I'm looking at buying a V3 head unit. Is it cheaper for me to just buy the head unit and then buy the mounting brackets and do it that way or buy the tuner kit. I just think the tuner kit is a waste bcs i won't be using the piping or aftercooler. You tell me what you think. :dunce:

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I have a couple hundred more bucks to save till I have 3k to spend on a blower. I'm gunna be doing the intake and intercooler piping all myself and a Cx intercooler, red Bov, Cobra injectors, and the 340l fuel pump. I have gauges and gauge cluster already. I'm looking at buying a V3 head unit. Is it cheaper for me to just buy the head unit and then buy the mounting brackets and do it that way or buy the tuner kit. I just think the tuner kit is a waste bcs i won't be using the piping or aftercooler. You tell me what you think. :dunce:
A tuner kit does not come with an aftercooler. You just get the head unit, mounting bracket assembly, pulley, belt, air inlet tube with filter, and discharge tube. The only thing you wouldn't use for an intercooled setup is the discharge tube. You can always sell it. I have a new cxracing intercooler laying around if you are interested.

I'm not sure if you can buy just the V3 Si head unit. Doesn't look like Vortech or Superchersonline.com offer just that head unit. You can get a V1 or V2 Si headunit. V1 is $2200 and V2 in $2000 on superchargersonline.

V-1 Straight Discharge Heavy Duty Si-Trim (CCW, Satin) [V2A129-040] - $2,208.00 : SuperchargersOnline, Worlds largest Supercharger Resource. Get Serious About Power

V-2 Straight Discharge Si-Trim (CCW, Satin) [V2E129-040] - $2,061.00 : SuperchargersOnline, Worlds largest Supercharger Resource. Get Serious About Power

Bracket assembly is $280.
Vortech 2000-2004 Mustang 4.6L Mounting Bracket Assembly [V4FL111-031] - $279.00 : SuperchargersOnline, Worlds largest Supercharger Resource. Get Serious About Power

Oil Feed is $42
Vortech 96-04 Mustang 4.6L Oil Feed Assembly [V4FH130-026] - $42.00 : SuperchargersOnline, Worlds largest Supercharger Resource. Get Serious About Power

Oil Drain is $42
http://www.superchargersonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=510_1134_1229&products_id=5314

V2/V3 Tuner kit is $2800 Vortech Tuner Kit V3 SI Trim Satin Ford Mustang 00 04 | eBay

Here is a polished V1 Si shipped for $1845. Just make sure it fits your application.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vortech-V1-Si-Trim-Supercharger-/251199845901?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7cad760d&vxp=mtr

If you are set on getting a V3 self lubricated then it looks like you'll need to buy the tuner kit for $2800. If you want to get the head unit separately you'll need to get a V1 or V2 head unit. V1 head unit $2000 + oil feed/drain $84 + Bracket assembly $279. You're looking at about $2400 shipped. You'll then need to make or buy your own powerpipe. It can be made for around $60 and then get a filter for $40. So you'll have $2500 in it, but it won't be self contained, and you don't have to worry about the discharge pipe.

So you're looking at $2500 pieced together not self contained or $2800 for the V3 self lubricated and you get the discharge pipe and air intake assembly.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Wana possibly save 200$??? Check out some vids of the tial 50mm BOV instead of looking into the big red which is like 430$.....my buddys got it and it sounds hella cool but the tial 50mm is just as loud (maybe a tad quieter) and 200$ cheaper......just food for thought

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, ill do a lil more trollin tonight and see what i can find. Thanks guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts