Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone familiar with having a Vortech V-2 supercharger on either the 99 or 01 Cobras? One for sale locally, with all the necessary components (less fuel injectors and fuel pump) for $1,300. I am dead set thinking this is a good idea for me.

The kit is/was originally for an '01. I have a '99. That is my predicament. I can't see where there would be a difference. I know the '01 had a 2nd idler pulley - so if need be, sounds like I would just need to find a slightly longer belt to drive the V-2.

Thought I'd ask around. Thanks!

·
Registered
649 Posts
yeah it will fit. i traded my v2 for the tt kit and the other guy had an 01 cobra. it fit his car he said with a diff timing cover, but my point is that it will fit.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you - that was my initial guess.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have another ?

The kit I am buying Saturday comes complete less the MAF, Injectors, and Pump. I am thinking a 255lph pump, 42lb injectors, and a MAF off a '04 Cobra ought to do the trick.

Anyone see any problems there? My aspirations are mild, as I figure I'll run in the 8-10psi range to prolong the life of my stock rods, etc. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
649 Posts
no it sounds all good. just make sure you get a good dyno tune.

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no it sounds all good. just make sure you get a good dyno tune.
That my friend is the single best part isn't it?! My friend John at HP-ranch will do just that locally.... I look forward to that day! Probably will be sometime in January/February however.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
649 Posts
sure no problem. when you get the supercharger tho, wiggle the shaft inside and make sure the fins dont and havent connected with the blower housing. if it does/has, it may need rebuilt. a stock rebuild on those is like 400 bucks. an upgrade to the bigger T-trim is like 1200, which i was going to do b4 the tt swap

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Supposedly the shop I'm buying this from received it in on one of their project cars (an '01 Cobra) decided to do the T-trim upgrade, and sent the E head unit to Vortech for a rebuild. According to them, Vortech said it did not need servicing; but thanks for the pointer - I'll be sure to double check for myself.

I looked into purchasing the newer T trim but honestly 450 horsepower is more than what I'd be happy with at this point - considering my stock engine's internals nearing 100,000 miles.

·
Registered
649 Posts
true true. well if it doesn't need servicing then i wouoldn't worry bout it. i mean you could make 450 hp with prolly 8 psi with a t trim, versus 12-15 with the sci trim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts