Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a vortech V2 Sq i think it is well my car hits boost at around like 3200-3500 what could i do to be able to make it hit sooner or quicker in the rpm band ??

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
If I understand what you are asking...

The only way to make it boost quicker or lower in the RPM range is to either put a small blower pulley on or a big crank pulley. That way it'll be spinning a lot faster at lower rpms. The drawback is that you'll also be spinning it a lot faster at higher rpms, risking damage to your motor if you don't have the internals to handle that much boost.

The only way to have "instant boost" is to buy a pd blower.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
plus 1 above

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
I agree with dccook. Thats about all you can do. What size pulley you using? Im running a 3.33 and get into boost at around 2k-2200

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stock size pulley i need boost to hit quicker.. i jsut ordered the 12# pulley which would put me at 10 psi with intercooler.

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
to hit boost sooner you need the larger crank pulley. From the reviews ive read, they have helped the boost come on sooner and lower in the rpm range. IVE HEARD! so i :dunno

·
Registered
95 Posts
I too have a V2 SQ, my boost w/ a 2.95 pulley starts coming in around 2500..just a few lbs but it definitely made a difference when I changed the pulley w/ getting into boost earlier...I have stock crank pulley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts