Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so I have a guy that I can buy a used Vortech V2 Supercharger Kit from for $700. Of course I'm going to go take a look at it first, but he claims there's no play and its in good condition. It doesn't include the pulley, bolts, or oil line. And I'm thinking of intercooling it, mostly because I would have to reroute the intake piping anyway for the Windstar intake. And any ideas what kind of power I'd be making with this with my current mods, p&p intakes, and heads, and a matching cam? And is there anything I should really be looking out for when I look at it? Thanks for the help!

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
OK so I have a guy that I can buy a used Vortech V2 Supercharger Kit from for $700. Of course I'm going to go take a look at it first, but he claims there's no play and its in good condition. It doesn't include the pulley, bolts, or oil line. And I'm thinking of intercooling it, mostly because I would have to reroute the intake piping anyway for the Windstar intake. And any ideas what kind of power I'd be making with this with my current mods, p&p intakes, and heads, and a matching cam? And is there anything I should really be looking out for when I look at it? Thanks for the help!
what does it include? prob around 350rwhp.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm waiting for another e-mail back from the guy with all the details. From what I can see in the couple of pictures shown, it ha the mounting brackets, supercharger, and intake piping. What all do I need to use it? And where can I get an intercooler from? I'll be sure to post again as soon as I find out what all it includes.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Mounting bracket, idler, nuts, bolts, oil feel and return lines....

Intercooler, would be a custom job.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
plus then you will need a upgraded maf, injectors, fuel pump, all of the tuning. if you know what you are doing and the blower is in good condition that seems cheap.
Since a brand new procharger d1sc cost like 1300 dollars. Idk much about vortech

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Sorry to bring this back up, but I'm going to take a look at this and really wanted to get some opinions about the vortech v2 itself...any problems, what psi id probably be running, etc. And is it safe for the 3.8? I know everything runs risks, but I mean compared to other mods/power adders.. I also have some new eibach pro kit springs I can get for $130 including my gas to drive there. Seem like a good deal? They're the ones CJ PonyParts sells

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Try again. That will barelly cover an upgrade from a p1.
that is for just the blower. If you go with rpmoutlet the upgrade to the d1sc in the kit is like 375 not 1300. But if you buy the d1sc just the head unit it costs 1300ish. that is only the blower no intercooler, tubing, pulleys anything that is what i was getting at.

and that does look like a great deal!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
that is for just the blower. If you go with rpmoutlet the upgrade to the d1sc in the kit is like 375 not 1300. But if you buy the d1sc just the head unit it costs 1300ish. that is only the blower no intercooler, tubing, pulleys anything that is what i was getting at.

and that does look like a great deal!
You are mislead. The kit originally comes with a p1sc...to upgrade to the d1sc costed me 250 through thr...ONLY WHEN YOU BUY THE KIT NEW. To upgrade down the road From a p1sc to a d1sc will cost you over 1300. If the kit doesnt need to be rebuilt. If it has to be rebuilt plan on spending 2000 for the upgrade and rebuild.
The d1 costs over 3000 for the head unit only BRAND NEW.
Go ahead and ask me how I know this

Edit...never buy the kit from rpm mustangs.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK well as you can tell, I have been putting this off kind of, just because I was a little bit skeptical about the supercharger and its condition. So yesterday, the guy called me back and said that if I come take a look this weekend, its mine for 600 because its just been sitting in his garage and hes in the air force. So a couple questions...What can I do to kind of test it to make sure bearings aren't bad or anythings wrong with it? And how much does a pulley for one of these cost, and oil lines and fittings? Thats all I really need to set it up. Thanks again for all the responses.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.